2 questions about bugs (features?)
Both of these two events happened in an ironman run a couple of days ago, so I just have to ask (even though it's probably been answered a lot of times):

1. Mana Shield active at mana = 0
Playing as a warrior, I touched a Magical shrine to preserve some hit points. To hell with mana. All was well until I got hit by a couple of flesh clan goat, who knocked my mana down to 0. Naturally I expected to lose the golden helium balloon, but it kept floating above my head. Jarulf's guide states that Mana Shield will terminate when mana reaches 0. I suppose this is a well-known bug, although it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the DSF bug list on this site.

2. Monsters attacking from doorways
I don't know where I read that while monsters can be placed into doorways, they cannae attack from those positions. AFAIK they move out when they get into your light radius, so maybe this explains why that specific gargoyle couldn't leave the doorway - I moved in next to him before he could get "sober" (de-stoned). Am I correct?
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect
1. Mana Shield active at mana = 0
Jarulf's guide states that Mana Shield will terminate when mana reaches 0. I suppose this is a well-known bug, although it doesn't seem to be mentioned on the DSF bug list on this site.

I believe this is because the game doesn't keep track of mana in whole numbers.

2. Monsters attacking from doorways
I don't know where I read that while monsters can be placed into doorways, they cannae attack from those positions.

Uh? Monsters attack just fine while in a doorway.

The rest of your paragraph baffled me. I have no idea what you were describing.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
LemmingofGlory,May 21 2003, 12:27 AM Wrote:Uh? Monsters attack just fine while in a doorway.

The rest of your paragraph baffled me. I have no idea what you were describing.
That was what I thought. As for that "rest of my paragraph", it was just me talking about the specific situation. It's completely meaningless to anyone but me, so I really shouldn't have put it there in the first place.

Thanks for the answers.
"My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."
-- Ford Prefect