Help?
Ok.. So my comp is fully able to run the games D2 and D2X. I have them both fully installed on my comp. They install fine, load fine, and seem to run fine. The problems I am running into are that after I get a game started (doesn't matter.. single, multi, open net, realm, TCP/IP) the game will run for a short time (generally 2-5 minutes) and then crash.

This happens EVERY TIME I play the game. There are 2 differant errors that I get that stop the gaming experience. The one that most often happens (91-96% of the time) is :

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (c000001d)

which is promptly followed by another error that says :

UNHANDLED EXCEPTION:
ACCESS_VIOLATION (c0000005)

That is the one that gets me most of the time. The other error that I occasionally get is a complete mind boggler to me. My comp will actually go to a blue screen and tell me that it's having a physical memory dump. It counts through to 100% (I assume that's the dump process) and then reboots the machine. Period. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Ok... So here is all the info I can give people without knowing if there is anything you need me to look for specifically.

Windows 2000 (Not Pro. or Server, just straight up 2K)

Comp Specifics :
AMD K6 processor (500 MHZ)
Soundblaster 128 PCI
ATI 3D Rage Pro AGP 2X
162-164 megs of RAM (don't ask unless necessary.. I'm not sure myself)
2 HD's : Primary - 4 Gig Samsung (D2X installed here)
Secondary - 3 Gig Samsung

Or if you just want the really detailed stuff here is the System Info as per msinfo32 :

[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional
Version 5.0.2195 Build 2195
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name MINISTRY
System Manufacturer VIA Technologies, Inc.
System Model VT82C597
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 5 Model 8 Stepping 12 AuthenticAMD ~500 Mhz
BIOS Version Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\System32
Boot Device \Device\Harddisk0\Partition1
Locale United States
Total Physical Memory 163,312 KB
Available Physical Memory 99,136 KB
Total Virtual Memory 555,316 KB
Available Virtual Memory 411,848 KB

Lastly, but also of utmost importance when regarding this issue is this. I CANNOT run any other OS but Win2K. I can run other versions of Win2K (Professional, Server, beta builds, etc) but it MUST BE Win2K. All other OS's that I have tried to run or install either cannot be installed due to some problem or another, or once they are installed end up giving me more problems and headaches than needed. Complete unstability and reliability problems under any other OS. Can't even run XP correctly. Can't even upgrade to XP or anything else. Can't downgrade to 95, 98, or ME. It blows. Hard.

I do know and realize that 2K is an NT build, so I expect it will be difficult to run games under it. But I only need D1 and D2X to work. I'm willing to go through just about any amount of tinkering to do this (short of buying a new comp) so any help is appreciated. Thanks much!
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.