Plaguewrath
Jarulf mentions that Plaguewrath will never attack in mellee but always uses fast spit instead. My experience has been that the mob around plaguewrath has the same property. Moreover, they run away from you when you approach unlike most poison spitters who approach you which makes them quite annoying. Can someone who can read code tell me if they have witch AI?
Quote:Jarulf mentions that Plaguewrath will never attack in mellee but always uses fast spit instead. My experience has been that the mob around plaguewrath has the same property. Moreover, they run away from you when you approach unlike most poison spitters who approach you which makes them quite annoying. Can someone who can read code tell me if they have witch AI?

No need to read any code since the info is allready in the guide. Plaguewrath uses the "Fast Spit" attack type. As mentioned, any mob monster of a boss inherits the Boss' attack type and thus in this case also gets the "Fast Spit" attack type. If you look at the AI section of the Guide you can see that the "Fast Spit" and "Goat Archer" attack type is quite similar. The difference is that the "Fast Spit" doesn't have the random delay after each attack.

By the way, the Succubi uses the "Goat Archer" attack type as well.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:No need to read any code since the info is allready in the guide. Plaguewrath uses the "Fast Spit" attack type. As mentioned, any mob monster of a boss inherits the Boss' attack type and thus in this case also gets the "Fast Spit" attack type. If you look at the AI section of the Guide you can see that the "Fast Spit" and "Goat Archer" attack type is quite similar. The difference is that the "Fast Spit" doesn't have the random delay after each attack.

By the way, the Succubi uses the "Goat Archer" attack type as well.

Very interesting. Sorry since it wasn´t on the same page I forgot that the mob inherits the boss´s attack type. Now I thought that the mob around blackskull sometimes casts inferno, but I guess that´s not true.
Quote:Very interesting. Sorry since it wasn´t on the same page I forgot that the mob inherits the boss´s attack type. Now I thought that the mob around blackskull sometimes casts inferno, but I guess that´s not true.

It is probablt a non mob monster that happens to end up among the mob if you see such a thing.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
Quote:It is probablt a non mob monster that happens to end up among the mob if you see such a thing.

Thanks. Very helpful. I've always glossed over the AI section in the guide, but that was a mistake.

Regarding blackskull that seems highly probable since in hell there are so few monsters per level that it is very likely to find a balrog in any given room if there are balrogs on the level.