An odd week
I've had a very strange week of MF on East. The week started Sunday afternoon with a minor setback, my main HC char ( lvl 65 Zon ) bit the dust ( ice really ) in the NM frozen river to a MSLE Snowman - I thought I was safe sniping at it with GA from well back and around a corner - didn't even see the bolt that got me, just sizzle then "your deeds will be remembered". :huh:

After a heavy sigh or two I decided to do some NM MF runs with my SC Zon - she does fine for MF in NM but has to don resist gear to live in Hell.

I generally do all of the Act 5 superuniques ( except Nihlathak too much of a PIA ), a Baal run and a Travincal/ Meph run, the Zon is lvl 64 so she still picks up decent exp on theses runs.

So, in the first run I get an Islestrike from Eldritch - I've been playing LOD from day one and this is the first one that has dropped for me - I have Druid at lvl 33 so this might be a semi-useful drop.

Couple of runs later Meph drops....... an Isletrike. Later that night, Snapchip drops...... an Islestrike.

I make a brief foray into Hell act 1 and and after mowing down an anonymous pack of critters
I see a green ammy and a gold defender. "Oh goody, another Cathan's ammy" I mutter. I get back to town, and Cain tells me that I've just found Tals Ammy and Visceratuant- both firsts for me.

Back to NM and Meph drops.... an Islestrike ( was there a special on them this weekend? ).

Monday evening after spending a couple of hours starting a new HC Assasin I tale a break and take Weezy ( by now lvl 67 Zon ) for a couple of MF runs - Headstriker, Howltusk, miscellaneous low green stuff.

Tuesday evening - first NM run Dac drops a Chromatic Ire cedar staff, again a first ( I traded it for a Buri - so, shoot me, I'll use it until I can upgrade my Goldstrike to a Hydra ). A quick foray into hell produces - Ginther's rift - another first. Back to NM and Meph drops.... Chromatic Ire ( I think I see where this is going) . Two runs later Meph drops Athena's wrath unique battle scythe ( Meph must like Druids , my Merc will use it until I get the Druid to 42 ), once again a first. Meph seems to like droping polearms - he also dropped Battlebranch and Tannr Gorerod for me Tuesday.

I ran NM Baal a bunch of times and the best he or his minions dropped was Isenhart's Lightbrand ( tightwad )

These are just the "highlights" - the items themselves may not be uber, but it was nice to find different stuff.

Here's the punchline.......

And, to top it off, all of these runs ( many - I didn't count ) Meph didn't drop a single Isenhart's case.
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

Just earlier today, I ran into Tristram for a Wirt's leg, and I got low on health... So I was running away on my mf char, and this carver keeps annoying me. So I finally just turn around and whack him, and he drops some Chance Guards... (Not perfect, but close!)
Yeah, Mephisto recently dropped a polearm for me too :) Grim's Burning Dead... Hmm... Nice two-handed Necromancer weapon. <_< Although the elemental damage and halved enemy defense is kinda nice.

Otherwise, that reminds me of my charm/jewel drops a few months ago. After not having found a single magic find small charm or really nice %ed jewels, I suddenly found two 7% mf small charms and shortly after one 38% ed jewel and one perfect 40% jewel. :) Then, perhaps a week after, a 25% ed rare jewel with 20%-something poison resist.

And three weeks ago, I found my second +skill charm ever (been unlucky with those) and it was a Fire tree charm perfect for my mf sorc. Then last week, I found another Fire tree charm. hehe
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
For me too. I was thinking Blizzard was rewarding me finally for being an honest, legit player. My main LOD playing buddy was married two weeks ago, and went on his honeymoon, so rather than quest alone I did some sweeps of acts in hell difficutly. Some people play solitary, I sweep hell for items that I've never found before. All on Durance level 2, this last week, I found my first Witchwild string, first Skulder's Ire (which dropped with Titan's Revenge), first Harlequin Crest, and my first Corpsemourn and a Lo rune. Then on a pass thru Ancients way, a Cruel Suwayah (234%) with +2 traps drops. Mephisto has been fickle lately, and he tend to drop me multiple Magnus' Skin, or Duskdeeps.

BTW, I only have magic find gear on my lvl 90 zon, so my resists in Hell are -60. You can do it, but some PI, LEB, Stoneskin baddies are not worth it. One particularly bad patch of luck, I had inched my experience to about 1/4 toward lvl 91, and then 3-4 deaths within about an hour, wiped it all away and about 2 million in gold. I can't complain though. :)
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Ahhh, Meph's. I love shopping at Meph's. The selection isn't always the best but something good usually turns up.

Glad you had some good stuff turn up. Hopefully Meph's shop will have some good stuff when I get off work ;)
The day that Blizzard announced the unique-upgrade recipe, I read all over how great Ribcracker is going to be. Cool, I thought, had I one.

So I did meph runs that night, and stayed up late. At 2:45, I told myself I'd bed at 3, or fill up my last 8 open inventory slots, whichever came first.

At 2:58, I did my last meph run, and what drops? Ribcracker. I was thrilled. However, the way I run Meph is to ID things on my following run. So I didn't find out until I'd already made another game. I wasn't going to kill Meph, per my self-promise, but finding the Rib piqued my karmatic impulses. So I killed my old friend and what's he drop? Ribcracker. It was exactly 3 am, my 8 open inventory slots were exactly filled by the 'Crackers, and the divine laws of probability had creeped me the F out. I went right to bed.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Good ol' Murphy. :)
Uh...anybody hate me if I make a 'Mephy's Law' pun?

Too late.
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]