Robert Jordan Theory (A bit wacky)
IcepickVT,Jun 14 2003, 08:22 AM Wrote:True, but before everyone became bossy like her it gave her character. None of the people introduced since Padan Fain have been very interesting either.
Yes, she was a fine character (one you 'love to hate'). But I can't believe _everyone_ is like this, as it seems to be lately,

Methinks Jordan hasn't met very many women, and the ones he have are no prizes :P

At any rate I'm almost through Storm of Swords for the second time, and this time through I see a lot of foreshadowing. I'm now starting to worry that "Feast" won't come before I forget some of the details....
Eh, isn't Padain Fain a he? Or have I too gotten them all mixed up yet again due to name overload everytime I open another volume in the Waste of Time.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Yes, Padan Fain is a "he". I this is a bit of a "run-on paragraph"; first sentence referencing how essentially all the women have become more or less carbon coies of Nynaeve, the second bemoaning the lack of interesting new characters.

In reference to the "all the women being the same" argument, I think this is due to the fact that Robert Jordan is trying to establish the Aes Sedai as far too self-important for their own good; it seems that most, if not all of them, believe that they (Aes Sedai as a whole) are the key to the last battle, not the Dragon Reborn, and this leads to a number of possible dramatic turns, few of which have been reasonably developed by Mr Cigny.