Important Necro Changes
O treacherous puns! :)

If you make a pun and don't point out that it's a pun, everybody jumps in and makes SURE everybody got the pun. Make a pun and point out that pun, and nobody calls it funny.

Impossible!

:lol:
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
I mean, the necro is a low damage output character, for the most part. CE is the best thing going, it sounds like, but here's a thought: make a summon necro able to kill things at a reasonable pace. Why NOT double, or even triple the damage of skellies and magi skellies?

How about a point of reference: I would like to see 20 points in Skeleton Mage and 20 points in Skeleton Mastery do the same damage per second to a stationary target as does lvl 20 Hydra with lvl 20 fire mastery.

Hydra is a just-about-balanced skill. So is that too much to ask? That way, they're both spending 40 points, they both can cast other things while their shooty-type friends deal damage, and the utility and versatility of Hydra offsets the tankability of skellies. This is a good comparison, no?

I mean, it makes far more sense to me to make the skellies pretty fragile, so that you have to resurrect them often, yet make them kill faster so that there are more corpses around more often for you to do so! That would make a summon necro kill faster, but also require much more attention and control on the part of the player. I am SICK TO DEATH of playing a summon necro and falling asleep at the wheel. I'd rather have more risk, and kill faster, thus increasing difficulty while simultaneously increasing rewards (in terms of killing speed).

Anybody agree with me?
[Image: ignatzsig.gif]
Ignatz,Jul 9 2003, 11:32 PM Wrote:If you make a pun and don't point out that it's a pun, everybody jumps in and makes SURE everybody got the pun. Make a pun and point out that pun, and nobody calls it funny.
Sh*t ha-PUNs :lol:
Then i tried the poison tree.
Skeletons should do less damage than a hydra, because they distract enemy fire. :) I do agree with the whole kill faster so you don't fall asleep, though. I personally feel that sketon magi should be the main damage dealing summons, golems be the tanks, and skeletons should be a little of both (but golems should still be able to kill a quill rat in normal when maxed out, and skeleton magi should still be able to take a hit from a fallen). :D But, hey... That's just me.
I have a question about Golem Mastery and Clay Golem. In 1.09 and previous, GM only pumped the base (level1) HPs of your golem. So a level 20 GM and lvl 20 Clay would have 1165 HPs (100 + 100*4 + 665) where a level 20 GM and any level (level 1 comes to mind) Fire golum would have 1640 HPs (328 + 328*4)
Even a level 1 Blood Golem would have 1005 life, dang near as much as a level 16 Clay with the same golem mastery.

The only real purplse of the clay golem is the tanking ability as it only does 15-38 damage at level 20. Yes, it now has the ability to slow a monster, but only the one monster it hits (it is not giving off a Holy Freeze aura, or slowing all the things that are hitting it,) so it's usefullness as a tank against multiple creatures is still not great.

I would like to see the golem mastery affect the life of the golem at its current level. so at level 20 with a level 20 golem mastery it would have (765 + 765*4) = 3825 HPs.
As the life of minions is no longer bosted with dificulty level, I do not see this amount of life as a problem for the Tank Golem.

I do not have 1.10 installed, and probably won't until it is released. Can anyone out there that has it installed confirm if the 1.09 behavior on this skill combo has changed with 1.10?