Deimunized imunes!
Good one, Pete!
--Mav
LucianDK,Jul 8 2003, 12:05 AM Wrote:bramble runeworded armor for +100% poison skill damage
You will probably excited to hear that from my playtesting experience, bramble can achieve anywhere from 70 to 200% enhanced poison damage, depending on your luck. (Unless the numbers on the arreat are for the "final production" version of bramble, and what we are using in beta is merely the prototype =\ )
The game does have an end point. The death of Baal in Hell completes the final quest in the final difficulty of the game. There are no further normal quests in the game that can be accomplished. Anything beyond that is merely extra at the discretion of the players themselves (MF runs, leveling to 99, helping others, etc.).

Diablo has a set end point as far as I am concerned. You don't see that. This becomes our primary point of argument. Your argument is based on there not being an actual end point which means that not everyone can achieve the same results. My argument is that there is an actual end point and everyone should have at least a reasonable chance of achieving the completion of the game (of course, higher difficulty does mean higher difficulty and some may not be able to cope with the higher difficulty). At this point the only thing that we can really do is agree to disagree as neither is likely to see the side of the other.
Dear Lucian:

Please read the Rules and Etiquette tabs. A few extracts for your consideration:

Quote:4.  Please post in real English.
Quote:12.  If you are making a reply to a post, please make your reply to the post you are actually replying too - this may seem obvious, but there is nothing more anoying than reading a reply made to the wrong post, thus confusing the whole issue. These forums are threaded (for some of us), so your reply will be shown where you made the reply, perhaps not at the bottom of the thread. It may help to include some way of knowing who/which post you are replying to for those who do not use the threaded view: we get some long threads at times, and they could get VERY confused!
Quote:17.  All your post are belong to Bolty. His forum, his rules: if you don't like it, you do not have a leg to stand on really.

Bolty included the Rules and Etiquette tabs for a reason. What am I talking about? Your chatspeak format degrades your, at times, thought provoking points. The membership here will appreciate greatly your adherence to forum norms and standards.

Thanks in advance, and if I had not previously said this, welcome! :)

EDIT: Note to self, hit "Preview" first, then post!
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hi,

Especially since your argument is arbitrary.

The game does have an end point. The death of Baal in Hell completes the final quest in the final difficulty of the game. There are no further normal quests in the game that can be accomplished. Anything beyond that is merely extra at the discretion of the players themselves (MF runs, leveling to 99, helping others, etc.).

The game does have an end point. The death of Baal in normal completes the final quest in the last act of the game. There is nothing further in the game that can be accomplished that is not a repetition of what you've already done when you complete normal. Anything beyond that is merely extra at the discretion of the players themselves and their capabilities.

My example is just as stupid as yours, for both are applying linear reasoning to what is not a linear game.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

> My example is just as stupid as yours, for both are applying linear reasoning to what is not a linear game.

And as I pointed out, this is where our difference is. I see this game as a rather linear game with extracarricular activities, you see this game as a non-linear game. Thus you'll always see my arguments as silly and I'll always see yours as silly.

I'm just going to shake on it and call it a day :)
Hi,

First round's on me :)

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?