Iron Golem not staying around and other oddities..
Running through Act4 today with my summoner from the "necro diary" thread, I came across an ethereal shadowfang, which I had no use for and was about to sell when I thought "hmm good golem fodder".

So up springs my new, slightly faded unique leeching golem, made from shadowfang.

Well first thing I noticed, he's not leeching. I don't normally use iron golems as I always either went to fire golems for tanking or blood for leeching, but iam sure when i did make iron golems from items with leech that they did in fact use that property. No red swirls this time around.

Second I noticed that the iron golem actually has the thorns aura at his feet, quite nifty.

Lastly tho and the main thrust of things here, is that if you quit a game and have an iron golem, when you rejoin..he's gone.

This was a feature of 1.09 that made investing very good equipment in an iron golem effective and worthy of hanging onto a unique or good rare. Now that your investment appears to only last for one game, it seems they either left it out or this patch as has been mentioned before isn't actually based off 1.09 but an older version of the game, as people here pointed out that the WP bug for the Cat 2 WP appears to be in this patch aswell, which was fixed in 1.09..