Attract and Confuse?
ive heard something about that you can cast either attract or confuse, then another curse on them, and have them stack. Is it true? Would it work with dim vision too?

i am playing a blowmancer with a party in the 1.10 beta, but im speculating on those as secondary skills, beside amplify damage and CE. And that could help to generate extra corpses faster to have stuff to blow up.

And the blowmancer rocks the house, especially now CE has been returned to godly status. And amp can help the meleers by nulling physical imunity
A Curse cannot stack with another curse in 1.10.
The old Attract, Confuse and Terror stacking rules are gone.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=ST&f=5&t=1289
Quote:- The old cursestack rules are gone (I'm talking about Attract, Confuse and Terror). Oh, and different rules seem to apply to monsterflee and Barbarian cries, when it comes to curse interaktion.

- Confuse now has the same Appeal Effect, Attract, Bonewall and Boneprison have and had before.
Moreover, it is much easier to make COed Monsters fight each other.

This is what you said in the other thread, Mautaban

Could you tell us a bit more about it please? Sounds interesting but it's not very clear
1) In 1.09, Confuse and Attract could stack with any other non-AI Curse.
In 1.10, they cannot. I did test this on imune monsters by CO/AT and AD/LR cursing.
If you CO, than AD a physical imune monster, you can damage that monster with a physical damage weapon
If you AD, than CO a physical monster, you cannot harm it.
Plz note, that only the last curse was in effect.
Same for LR und elemental imune monster
Same for DEC and the R/W and attack speed mali.

Same for Attract.

2) In 1.09, COed monsters did not like to attack each other. Attacking each other was like the last option, they chose. First came Necromancer, then Minions, then nonCOed Monsters, then BW/BP and COed ones.
In 1.10, that changed. COed Monsters attack each other very easily.
That is a huge Change to CO.

3) In 1.09, BW/BP/AT did attract monsters with a range of about 2-3 800*600 screens radius. I think, that phenomenon is well-known.
In 1.10, CO now has the same attracting effect, BW/BP/AT already had in 1.09. I did test it on the summoner, on fallen shamans, on cows, in the CS, in the Worldstone Keep. All monsters have a much higher perceptive radius, after you CO other monsters.
Big Change to CO. too.

4) Terror could stack with itself (resulting in faster flee) and other curses in 1.09.
That is gone too. No faster fleeing, no damaging imune monsters.
I'm pretty sure you can still cast a non-AI curse and then attract. For example cast IM and then attract, IM will remain on all monsters except for the one you clicked on, and they will take damage while beating on the hapless creature.
<<< I'm pretty sure you can still cast a non-AI curse and then attract. For example cast IM and then attract, IM will remain on all monsters except for the one you clicked on, and they will take damage while beating on the hapless creature. >>>

That is, how it works in 1.10.
In 1.09, the AT-cursed monster had both the IM and the AT curse, though only the latter was shown.
I'm - to highlight it - talking about having two curses in effect on one or a couple of monsters at the same time. This was possible in 1.09, but is not in 1.10.
That's now clear to me and very interesting too

Thanks!

Goes off to plot a max Confuse/IM/Bone Prison build :D