Anyone else notice the Valk's new items?
When playing an amazon, I casted an Valk a few times and noticed her increased hit points and damage... and her shinny green plate amor! Green plate armor! Wow, seems she now spawns with randomly generated rares, much like the Shadow Master. This is a nice change, but is it true? Can someone who knows what to look for confirm this?
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
Yes, she gets magical equipment and at higher skill levels the equipment will be of better type (exceptionals and elites) and the magical versions will start beign replaced with rare versions.
And with the new rares possible....a valkyrie could potentially do decent damage (a 450% ed is possible on rares in the 1.10 beta - cruel (201-300%) can now spawn on rares, as well as Master's (101-150%), and they are from seperate prefix groups so they can spawn simultaniously)
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
You can find them in monequip.txt(I translated the codes to item names)
=========================
lvl item
--------------------------------------------
27 tiara
25 amulet
23 colossus girdle
21 myrmidon boots
19 crusader gauntlets
17 warpike
16 sacred armor
14 circlet
13 amulet
12 war belt
11 war boots
10 war gauntlets
8 lance
7 chaos armor
5 plate belt
4 greaves
2 gauntlets
0 spear
0 full plate mail
======================

lvl is just the slvl requirement of Valkyrie(including item +skill bonus).When the Valkyrie is spawned,the game will choose items for her from top(tiara) to bottom(full plate mail):
If lvl>slvl,skip to next.
If lvl=<slvl,this item and all the following items will be equiped onto Valkyrie without any more check.Of course if a location has been occupied by one item,other following items on the same location will be ignored.

So if you only mod the first lvl to 0(the tiara's line), the slvl=1 Valkyrie will equip tiara,amulet,colossus girdle,myr boots,crusader gloves,warpike,sacred armor......etc.You can also change sacred armor to archon plate's code,the Valkyrie will look more pretty. B) .You can change warpike to grand matron bow to make your Valkyrie look like yourself(amazon).

Each item's ilvl is 25+(slvl-1)*3,which can be found from skill.txt

It seem that the item can only be rare,I tried to change the weapon to windforce but failed. <_<
Kar0n,Jul 13 2003, 10:30 AM Wrote:It seem that the item can only be rare,I tried to change the weapon to windforce but failed. <_<
What were you setting the mod1 column to? It should be using the following

1=low (low quality)
2=nor (normal)
3=hiq (superior)
4=mag (magical)
5=set (set)
6=rar (rar)
7=uni (unique)
8=crf (crafted)
9=tmp (tempered)
Choice 9 (tempered would not really be a good choice as the game would probably just treat the item as a normal item.

My guess is that you may have used mod1=8 thinking that would be for the uniques when in fact you gave here a crafted item that would to most intents and purposes just appear to be a rare item from what you could see. One problem with giving the monsters a unique item is that it would most likely prevent the player from finding that item themselves latter in the game.
Ruvanal,Jul 13 2003, 06:51 PM Wrote:What were you setting the mod1 column to?&nbsp; It should be using the following

1=low (low quality)
2=nor (normal)
3=hiq (superior)
4=mag (magical)
5=set (set)
6=rar (rar)
7=uni (unique)
8=crf (crafted)
9=tmp (tempered)
Choice 9 (tempered would not really be a good choice as the game would probably just treat the item as a normal item.

My guess is that you may have used mod1=8 thinking that would be for the uniques when in fact you gave here a crafted item that would to most intents and purposes just appear to be a rare item from what you could see.&nbsp; One problem with giving the monsters a unique item is that it would most likely prevent the player from finding that item themselves latter in the game.
Ah,always conveying the thanks to you :D

I did guess the mod=1,2,3..... represent the quality but do not get which quality is corresponding,without the mophock it is a bit arduous to judge to me. :unsure:

Yes mod1=7 is unique.My Valkyrie can equip an azurewraith then she provides the Sanctuaryaura.After that I can't get any more Azurewraith in the same game.And It also seems that when the left arm of the Valkyrie can wield an azurewraith but the sword did not give any affect and I can't get an azurewraith again also.
I don't understand the level 25 upgrade. It goes from having an amulet to having an amulet?
BEEFMOTRTON,Jul 14 2003, 11:11 AM Wrote:I don't understand the level 25 upgrade. It goes from having an amulet to having an amulet?
Karon did not include the column information of mod1, which is what is setting the magical type of the items. At level 13 the amulet will be magical; when the level is 25+ the amulet will then be rare.

Here is a more direct excerpt of the file, check Karon's and my earlier post to see what the value translations are.

monster____________oninit_____level_____item1_____loc1_____mod1
bloodraven_________1__________0_________sbw_______rarm_____6
flyingscimitar_____1__________0_________scm_______rarm_____6
valkyrie______________________27________ci2_______head_____6
valkyrie______________________25________amu_______neck_____6
valkyrie______________________23________uhc_______belt_____6
valkyrie______________________21________uhb_______feet_____6
valkyrie______________________19________utg_______glov_____6
valkyrie______________________17________7p7_______rarm_____6
valkyrie______________________16________uar_______tors_____6
valkyrie______________________14________ci0_______head_____4
valkyrie______________________13________amu_______neck_____4