1.10 Necro level 62, where to go now?
Drachasor has worked out the Skeleton Mage damage:
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...=0&#entry303516
Dyntheos, what have you done with your necro lately?

I'm in act1 hell at level 68 right now and with players8 it's extremely slow going. I was thinking about going with posion nova. I don't know if that's going to work in hell/hell with only nova maxed. I won't have enough skill points to get to max dagger and explosion along with nova.

I think this would be the ideal build for necros:

Max skeleton mastery, skeletons, max poison nova + synergies, that's 100 skill points. :(
1 point summon resist, 1 point ce, 1 point amp, 1 point decript, 1 point clay golem, and of course the prereqs. Then depend on +skills. With a might merc you can take on everything. Everything else you don't need. (Bone wall/prision for HC for extra protection, but SC don't bother).

Against bosses use decript and clay golem, those two slow effects working in tandem make bosses EASY. As for the ancients that's another story. Against monsters I think poision nova might be the best way to assist in killing. It would be hard to max the poison tree but that would yield the greatest killing power.

Another option would be to go bone spirit to get the first corpse. Max bone spear and spirit. What does more damage max bone spirit or max poision nova both with max synergies? I think it's nova, someone correct me if I'm wrong. This will likely be my first character for ladder since he isn't very item dependant.
obvious question: how do you deal with Act bosses? You play your Necro pretty much how I like em (heavy on summons/curses), but with no direct-damage what do you do with Meph, or Diablo?
the skeletons with a might merc can take meph and diablo VERY well. Add clay golem and decript slow them down so much you can ignore their attacks.
My lvl 56 necro's tactics for bosses has been a little different. First I lock down everything with (now lvl 10+7) bone prison, apply curses as needed, then spam bone spirit (lvl 31), refresh bone prison as needed -- all the while sucking down blue pots. I've maxed bone spear, and bone spirit and now I'm adding to bone prison for added synergy. I thought about the poison tree as well, but seeing as more and more bosses are getting poison immune I would end up using BS anyway. Not many monsters have immunity to BS. The only other direction I'm thinking is adding the curse prerequisites(5) to add a point or two into lower resistance.

I'm just into NM Act III now, players 6 all the way in NM so far. Durial was easy, although he chomped my merc and summons (stupid AI) he was never able to break out of BP to get me.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Bone spirit might be a better alternative to poison now that I think about it. It will help you get that important first corpse to CE. There are so many synergies for BS that it would be difficult to max it though. Let us now how you fair in hell players6 :) Hell is a different story all together. players8 nightmare was a cakewalk compared to hell.
I parked the necro in hell act 3 kurast.

It's just too tedius even on players 1. The boss pack density is rediculous, and I gave up in disgust. Looking at the necromissile data I think I'll max magi when i try this build on the realms if the patch is the same, yet I don't think I'll bother taking on hell by myself past act 3 it's just too annoying and boring to keep going bck to act 1 to rebuild an army every few minutes..
I'm in act2 and just went through the maggot lair which was VERY LONG and tedious. I used poison nova to get the first corpse every few feet. This is why I was thinking putting all the available points into bone spirit and see fast you can get a first corpse with that. Because once you have that the rest is easy with CE.

I'm going to mess around with that using one of those shell characters on dii.net.