Does anyone know where Jarulf is?
I have been looking for Jarulf. I would like to update his guide with info regarding all of the differences between the PSX and PC versions of Diablo Classic. Below is a link to a similar topic I made with detailed info regarding all the changes and my hopes in finding Jarulf so he can update his guide with my info.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/index.p...t=0&#entry19611

If the link doesnt work for any reason, the post is in the lounge forum under the topic called I need to contact Jarulf.
Try the e-mail address listed in his guide?? It's been awhile since I mailed him, but that's the first place I'd check.

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Yeah. I gave it a try a while ago and just now gave it another shot. No dice buddy. the address doesnt exist anymores. I am kinda losing interest in this now, so anyone here is free to take all of the differences I have mentioned in my other topic and either make their own guide out of it or try and find Jarulf and let him add it to his guide. No credit towards me is necessary!

I should have done this years ago, oh well. I always seem to push things off to the last minute... whats worse I expect everyone to care about a port of a pc game that is way over 5 years old! Hahaha!!! Laterz! Oh yes, before I go, the exp cap has been solved.

You can win 0-32,767 exp from a monster under normal conditions.

Anything earned between the numbers 32768-65535 act as negative numbers which are converted to zero thus you earn nothing.

However!

The value 65,536 in exp terms is virtually equal to zero exp. this is the point where it wraps around. So if you earn 85,536 from a monster, you will get 20,000 instead.

My credit goes towards Czar Dragon from the gamefaqs message boards for figuring this one out. these are not his exact words, but this is basically what it means. I tried to simplify it for myself to make it easier to understand. i have no idea how he figured it out. something about 16 bits or something.
... post a link to where Czar Dragon gave the explanation?

I've looked through the General PS forum on Gamefaqs, but wasn't able to find the post, assuming that it is indeed there.

The geek inside me is just aching to find out what causes this quite unusual bug. ;)
http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessa...9&topic=8759463

there ya go! if it doesnt work, type in diablo at gamefaqs.com and click on diablo playstation board. the topic is called... oh no the board is dying! it was actually created by me to keep the board from dying. scroll down really far and read czar dragons post. there he will explain himself. he is totally right about this exp thing. i have no clue how he did it. laterz!
Haha, I'm laughing at myself now: such an obvious mistake.

I've read the post, thought about it for three seconds, then noticed I assumed the wrong thing the first time I replied. Silly me, I should have known better after so much exposure to programming. :P

Yes, it is a wrap-around problem, and a silly one at that.

If you want, I can give you a detailed technical explanation as to why and how it happens. However, it won't be something the average Diablo goer will understand. ;)
Many of the things on your list are stuff that my Guide does not cover. Some could possibly be added as notes in a few places. I will check when I next update the guide for such things. There will be no big section whith differences between the PS version and the computer ones.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
oh! hey there! i almost gave up on finding you. i couldnt get the email addresses in the guide to work so i kinda gave up. but here you are! are you really the man who wrote the guide? i cant believe you found this topic.

anyways, if you ever wanted to update your guide, you could add these things in anywhere you wanted to as long as you get them in there. some of them are totally important, like the black death hp glitch fix, while others do not really matter that much. i just wanted the list to be as complete as possible.

i should add a few things to the list...

spell casting animations were removed from the psx version. when a character casts a spell, they just stand there completely unanimated and wait the appropriate amount of time until the spell is cast.

point and click interface alters some spells and their targeting. such as stone curse, teleport, telekinesis, etc. normally, you select the spell, right click on target and the spell is cast immediately. in the psx version, you select the spell, cast it, and then a new targeter is setup where you must manually drag the target cursor and then tap the cast button when ready. (makes telekilling slow and somewhat ineffective)

auto target AI also set in psx version cuz of lack of mouse. this is used for all bows and some spells. it is hard to study the auto target ai, but sometimes it really makes things easier while it can easily work against you as well.

all screens such as equipment, spell book, stat page pause the game completely. pretty sweet!
Here is the entire list from the old topic so you dont have to keep flipping back and forth between them. this post and the one above it explain everything that is different between the versions. i think my experience wrap around bug was also explained in this topic. so basically anything here you are interested in adding to your guide can be found in this single topic. this is quite a lot of info, are you sure you dont wanna write an entire section for this? it may be easier to do it one section than check all your current sections and update them individually.

*Black Death monsters do not permanently deduct one life point any more.

*There are no Balrog or balrog family monsters present in the game at all.

*The game can be set to a faster playing speed so stuff like walking speed,
hit recovery, and attack speeds of monsters and players are altered severely.

*The game has a high resolution therefore more of the screen can be seen.

*Unique items convert to full gold value upon saving your character and
entering new games.

*Saved characters can be used in single and or multiplayer games.

*Nightmare and Hell difficulties are easily accessable for single and
multiplayer modes with the same level requirements as the battlenet.

*The Teleport and Phasing spells, scrolls, and staves do NOT appear in
multiplayer mode. They also deactivate upon entering multiplayer games,
however your spell levels are memorized and can be reactivated upon reading another book. This is especially dangerous for Rogues and Warriors because if they have teleport or phasing at a high level that requires 255 MAG to read the next book and then they enter a 2P game and the spells are deactivated and they save their character and enter a one player game, they can not reactivate the spell because they can never reach 255 MAG to read the book and reactive the spell. Enchanted shrines will not reactivate the spells either as the spells are not reduced to spell level zero. I believe the scrolls and staves are converted to full gold value.

*A Staff or Book of Bone Spirit is not available in the game anywhere. Only
by use of a game shark can you acquire the spell. It is then given spell
level zero and must be increased by Enchanted Shrines.

*Quick dungeon access shortcuts for multiplayer when you reach the required level do not
apply anymore. The only way to unlock a dungeon shortcut is to open it from
behind. So when you start a new game with a high level character, you must play thru the entire game.

*Blood knights are still inside the game, but do NOT appear on level 16 at
all. They were replaced by grey skeletons called Hell Horrors. Sir Gorash also
appears to look like a skeleton. I believe the hell horrors exist in diablo
pc's data, but never actually appear in the game.

*No visible kill count. Enemy resistances and immunities show up just like in
the pc version tho. and no hp display.

*the lazarus fmv is played immediately upon entering the unholy altar instead of being played after unlocking his secret chamber.

*Diablo says something in a different language I believe upon entering level
16. the game is also not completely frozen after defeating him. You can save
your characters and options, but not your game.

*Pepin the Healer does not offer the option to heal you, but rather he automatically heals you upon speaking to him, just as in hellfire.
Quote:ObsZod:
Diablo says something in a different language I believe upon entering level

Isn't something like that in PC SP? Hmm. At any rate, the file is in the MPQ. When played backwards it says, "Eat your vegetables and brush after every meal."

[o: *LEMMING* :o]