Normal attacks interrupted on hit?
I've read much about the Zeal bug, which causes all remaining attacks in one Zeal to miss if you're hit, but I think this extends to normal attacks as well.

Yes I know normal attacks can be interrupted, otherwise things such as Concentration or Concentrate wouldn't exist, but I'm not sure this is how it used to be. It has been a long time since I played a single-target melee character such as an Avenger or Zerker, so maybe it's just my memory failing, but it seems it takes a lot less for an enemy to interrupt your attack now. This became painfully obvious when my Avenger was swarmed by a CE boss and his minions, I simply could not land a bloody hit, and this was with 95% CTH and -89% Enemy defence from Conviction. I would be chilled, my Vengeance slowed down to 30-40 fps, and then it didn't matter that their attacks barely scratched my skin, my attack sequence would still get interrupted every single time one of them hit me. It took me at least 1 minute before I actually managed to land a hit on one of the monsters, and then 30-40 seconds of constantly interrupted attacks followed.

Was this really how it used to be? Your attack interrupted as soon as someone/something hits you, no matter what or how hard it hits?
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
Rataxes,Jul 21 2003, 01:15 PM Wrote:Was this really how it used to be? Your attack interrupted as soon as someone/something hits you, no matter what or how hard it hits?
Yes it was, if you had a low clvl/low DR to the monsters higher mlvl/higher AR and you were slower than the monsters in your attack speed. With the speeding up of many of the monster particularly in NM and Hell, it is even more important now to have a high DR to avoid the effects of a hit in the first place.
I guess that's it then. Monsters attacking faster must be what got me to notice this just now. I didn't exactly have much experience with one-target melee in v1.09, but I don't recall ever having the same problem back then, even when slowed to near suspended animation. Never been a fan of DR, guess I better turn into one fast :)
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.