Which Monsters have 'ITD'?
Greetings brave Lurkers,

after searching through all of monstats.txt and skills.txt I still have no idea how to find out which monsters have the ability to "Ignore Targets Defense" :(

I'd be glad if someone has a hint where I have to look at in the game files or has a reliable list of monsters for the 1.10 Beta patch.

Thanks in advance.
Heiho,

I don't think monsters have ITD in an inhaerent way when they do a normal physical attack, it depends on the skills they use.

So you'd have to look for monsters using smite, example given (Urdars and suchlike, IIRC).

But that's just what I believe.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
This seems like a good explanation. So actually there is no such thing as "ITD" specifically for monsters - its just an item affix OR special monster skills that "behave" _like_ ITD in giving the monster a 95% chance to hit when using this skill/attack (probably modified by mlvl/clvl?)

Well, I think I got some more research to do :)
Heiho,

I was looking for a completely other task and stumbled more or less by accident over this fileguide from PK
http://www.xfernet.com/ads/ads.php?zone=www.d2mods.com
which describes the parameters in superuniques.txt for modifying superunique monsters.
There is a line called 'Rage' in the related monumod.txt
13: Ignore your Armor Class and nearly always hit you

If I've understood correctly, this parameter is not related to the actual Skill used by the unique monster. There doesn't seem to be a similar entry in monstats.txt, so normal monsters seem to have a kind of ITD only by permission of their skills according to skills.txt (maybe also skilldesc.txt, haven't checked it myself).
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB
This Rage is not one of the usual boss mods like Lightning Enchanted or Extra Strong

I'm not entirely sure how it does attach to monsters. Some of the properties in monumod.txt seem to describe properties of regular monsters like "suicideminion explode" without needing to be boss mods as such

So these mods could be on regular monsters, at least I think so. I'll stand corrected if the monumod.txt file only relates to superuniques

Incidentally I'm pretty sure that Urdars are no longer ITD. My Shout Barb with Defiance merc found them very tame. Unfortunately that particular character is no longer available to test with (in a hardcore kind of way ;) )