Lifetap curse question
It says attacking a cursed soul returns damage as life to you. And you get 50% of damage inflicted as returned life. But, does it return life for spellcasting too? So you could cast a jacked up poison nova and basically be immortal as you could potentially get huge amounts of life returned every second from the damage the nova does so rapidly. And how could it be working with amazon lightning fury as it is a physical attack, but having huge crowd control. Would you get life back from all those you damage?

Or does lifetap require that there be a physical component before life can be returned? And i heard something about that it isnt affected by the difficulty leech penalty, but i think its because its not really leech, you dont leech, its the curse that returns life to you for the damage you inflict. But i think its important to know if it works with spells.
It's never worked for spells or any ranged attack for that matter. It's based on the physical damage only that you do in melee (even smite!). This is how it worked in 1.09, but I doubt that it's changed.

It's also unaffected by the leech reductions in nightmare and hell. It appears to be unaffected by individual monsters leech reductions in the beta, which is also what it did in 1.09 allowing you to leech from skeletons and other unleechable undead.
No
Thanks, the skill description was a bit ambigous.