Mana Shield charge attack bug
My beloved sorceress died last night. I am so upset, as those who know me know I only play Hardcore. Even though her body was looted, several items were lost that I had accumulated over the months. But enough sentiment and on to business:

I was in act 5, took the red portal to Nith and was killing the charging zombies with ease when I stopped firing my Charged Bolt stream for a second to say something to my wife. One of the zombies charges and hits me, instantly killing me. I see their maximum damage is 115 in hell, so I can only assume he was using the charge skill. I have no idea at what level this "charge" skill would be applied to the damage at, however I'm sure it wasn't anywhere near my 700 Hit Points and 1200 Mana with my Mana Shield. I had 15 hard points spent in Teleinesis so I was at almost at 1:1 ratio of damage to mana. The only explanation is if the Mana Shield did not work and I recieved the full brunt of the attack. I found this article about Mana Shield which states:

Quote:Q: Does energy shield absorb all attacks?
A: No, it doesn't absorb poison and open wounds. There's also reports of a bug where it doesn't absorb charge either.

If this were true, it would explain quite a lot. Anyways, I will avoid charging monsters in the future. Yet another bug for Blizzard to fix with D2 before D3 comes out.... yeah right!
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
It is indeed true. And doubtful Blizz is going to fix it. I must admire your determination for sticking to hc bnet for so long though.:)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)