A question of damage...
I have a question on how damage is applied when using skills like Vengeance or Berserk: I recently picked up a Headstriker unique Battle Sword and was wondering if the Deadly Strike ability was calculated before or after the elemental damages of Vengeance or Berserk. A related question would be: if you have Deadly Strike on another item, would it apply before or after the fire damage on Dragon Tail? What about the damage conversion of Fire Arrow or Cold Arrow? Anyway, thanks for your help!
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Deadly strike doubles your physical damage after all other calculations. That means it won't do anything for berserk, and it'll only affect the base physical part of a vengeance attack, etc. I think dragon tail works somewhat differently, so I can't say for certain how deadly strike affects that.
Freepaperclips,Sep 12 2003, 03:32 AM Wrote:I have a question on how damage is applied when using skills like Vengeance or Berserk: I recently picked up a Headstriker unique Battle Sword and was wondering if the Deadly Strike ability was calculated before or after the elemental damages of Vengeance or Berserk.  A related question would be: if you have Deadly Strike on another item, would it apply before or after the fire damage on Dragon Tail?  What about the damage conversion of Fire Arrow or Cold Arrow?  Anyway, thanks for your help!
This page will help you:

http://www.hut.fi/~tgustafs/weapondamage.html

Cheers,

Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
Thanks for the info, it really did help!
"Would you like a Jelly Baby?"
Doctor Who
Freepaperclips,Sep 12 2003, 08:40 PM Wrote:Thanks for the info, it really did help!
That isn't the only thing that'll help on Tommi's page (I think he's being modest or something). Check out the rest of his stuff. There's a reason why Tommi's site is listed in our community page here.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.