PvP tourny take 2
Btw, in response to my comment "I don´t know if this is worth the trouble, but if you want to make sure no one cheats you can have people download the software emelaldo used to tape his duels and in case of disagreement they would have to show their version of the duel. That way no one could inventory drink, use player friendly mode etc... In addition, it would be instructive to be able to view both sides of a duel. Just a thought."

Royal said "in my opinion a good idea. that would make sure nobody can cheat like drinking from inv or something like that. and we had a nice collection of duel videos i really would like to see all of the duels and it would be funny to see the duels from both sides. but i dont know if ever participant would agree with that."

The current rules are that (most?) every duel is taped by at least one of the two duelers to try and avoid cheating. We are using hypercam2 which has been giving several of us trouble (it seems to minimize the screen for no reason) but anyway many of the duels can be seen from at least one side. I think FireIceTalon has links to many of the videos.
I finally got mine to work recently and dont have any problems now.

I have posted several duels in my youtube channel recently (non tournament duels) and there is no problems really except the frame rate in these was a bit off, but ive managed to fix that now as well and will be uploading some recordings of a hell/hell solo I did earlier. http://www.youtube.com/fireictalon

The tourney has slowed down a bit and Shade is going to enforce a new rule that all duelers must play their rounds within 10 days. We've come to the conclusion this is the only way to ensure a briskly paced event with reasonable time for people to live their normal lives, or this thing will take forever.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Tournament update:

Its down to the final 7 players:

Shade_I
Emelaldo
Vecna
Wedge
Battle Nerd
FireIceTalon
Lily.R

Shade awaits the winner of Emelaldo vs Vecna, then the winner of that series goes on to face Battle Nerd in the semi-finals. I will square off against Lily, and the winner of our encounter faces Wedge. Winners of both semi finals series meet for the finals, and the losers of the semi finals meet for winning 3rd place.

Thnx to all who ACTUALLY participated, and gl to the remaining participants.

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)
Quote:Tournament update:

Its down to the final 7 players:

Shade_I
Emelaldo
Vecna
Wedge
Battle Nerd
FireIceTalon
Lily.R
Out of curiosity, how many of the above are LL members? Apart from yours, none of the names of the list correspond to any LL member names (Except that there is a member called shade, but (s)he hasn't been active in the last 4 years).
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Out of curiosity, how many of the above are LL members? Apart from yours, none of the names of the list correspond to any LL member names (Except that there is a member called shade, but (s)he hasn't been active in the last 4 years).

Vecna is a member here, aka Arkain_ACV. Dont know about the others.

Quote:Out of curiosity, how many of the above are LL members? Apart from yours, none of the names of the list correspond to any LL member names (Except that there is a member called shade, but (s)he hasn't been active in the last 4 years).

Well, Vecna isn't exactly my "main character/account", that's why. The same might be true for others.
Array
Let me elaborate on what Sheep said... it's called humour.[/quote]
Final Standings:

1) Shade
2) Wedge
3) Battle.Nerd
4) Lily

Of them I've only dueled Shade and he is truly amazing.
Quote:Final Standings:

1) Shade
2) Wedge
3) Battle.Nerd
4) Lily

Of them I've only dueled Shade and he is truly amazing.

Glad to see Shade win. I was hoping if I didnt win, that he or Emelaldo would.

I didnt play my absolute best this tournament, I did OK. But lately I have lost a bit of passion for d1 and I kind of dueled half assed vs Lily, my heart wasnt really into it.....that said this was a spectacular event and its good to see that it was ACTUALLY completed. Many events like this have been attempted over the years but never got off the ground so this is extraordinary.

There is plans for another PvP tournament in the Fall btw, this one is possibly going to have a 2v2 theme however :)