Wow and Video Frame Rates
Quote:What kind of funny?

Eerily funny. As in you couldn't see the first floor/dock/walkway/stairs/missing walls funny.

Now I did go through the councel and used the showwater command (disabling water), but I don't think that command is supposed to take out walkways that are over water. When I used that while I was in Darkshore, sure enough, the walkways and bridges all remained intact.

It is not a matter of your settings. It is a matter that some of those areas that you are going through have not had all graphics set up completely. A couple of days into playing I went up into the mountains next to Stormwind and found a route of travel tha I could persue, but unlike most of the other areas around there were very few terrain features like rocks or shrubs. After I had past the single Defias camp that was in the area there were no monster or other special little things that you can usually find every 2 dozen paces or so. Then I pushed on further and entered an area where the river literally had various square holes in where the graphic for the water had not been set up into the data base for that location (at this point I was well off the beaten path).

I suspect that this is what you are encountering in some of those funny video places. Areas that they are still fleshing out and have not set up all the artwork or MOBs for it. If you want to see another funky place, try going down into the dungeon under the barracks in Stormwind.

Messages In This Thread
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Saxywoo - 04-01-2004, 04:24 AM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by DeeBye - 04-01-2004, 05:08 AM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Saxywoo - 04-02-2004, 05:07 PM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by apandapion - 04-04-2004, 07:52 PM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Saxywoo - 04-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by --Pete - 04-06-2004, 12:41 AM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Saxywoo - 04-06-2004, 03:28 AM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Saxywoo - 04-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Ruvanal - 04-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Saxywoo - 04-13-2004, 02:56 PM
Wow and Video Frame Rates - by Roane - 04-14-2004, 12:30 AM