Ongoing - Estimations of class function and power?
One of the things that I've found with my warrior, though she is a relatively "young" one at level 13, is that when I'm going up against 2 same level critters is a case where I will usually end up suffering from a slight case of death. But taking on up to 3 opponents one level lower than I am isn't an issue, and nor is taking out a level 16 quest boss (if I have 1 health potion with me). I'm about to hit level 14, and if I remember correctly, I'll get Rank 2 attacks, which I've been really hoping for. One of which, I think is Rank to Rend, which I've always found useful, since you can have your monster "bleeding out" while you're still hitting it with other attacks like Strike.

One thing about being a warrior in a party where you have a casting character, is that sometimes they rely on you a bit too much. For instance, I had a guy that was a priest, who had a Nightsabor (tiger) after him. He comes hauling past me, nightsabor at his heels. And he KEPT running, zigging and zagging. He was killed, and as soon as the nightsabor stopped moving, it was dead. Then the member of my party said "Why didn't you help me?" My response: "You kept running." Not 5 minutes later, the same thing happened, except it was a monster that we engaged, and not one that spotted him.

Since then, I've come across other casting characters that have done a lot better, which makes me thing that the level 11 priest that I had once partied up with in fact didn't know what he was doing. My fellow Lurkers within the game have been very good in not relying on me too much. I thank you for that. It's made me reconsider my early opinion about partying with people. We fight together and we die together, dealing as much damage as we can, but not expecting any one in the group to do most of the work.

Just my take....

SaxyCorp

Messages In This Thread
Ongoing - Estimations of class function and power? - by Saxywoo - 04-07-2004, 05:29 PM