Hi i'm new here
Quote: A story you say? That is just rediculous. How does writing that mean I should write a story???

Well, what you wrote does have a rant-like descriptive quality to it and a certain mindless enthusiasm rather reminisicent of my writing style from ~4 years ago. (Sometimes I miss being able to write and think like that, but nowdays I find some of my old vars difficult to read.) I even see some common threads between IJM and my rodents:

Suicidal mage with Diablo death rituals ~ LEM
Townfolk restrictions until one proves oneself ~ HAM
"Warrior's are some of the dumbest creatures and will associate with rocks in times of great utter uselessness and is not self-boasting." ~ "Warrior's enchantment is fine because... well, warrior's are stupid and will speak to and accept anything: rocks, fish, corpses, etc. " SQL

I would suggest playtesting your idea. Pay particular attention to how often you, as the author, must refer to your own rules. Anyone else is going to be checking them at least that often. And what Nystul said about the frequency with which people play crazy variants is very much true. I've only known, at most, three other people who ever played a LEM. Maybe one other who claimed to have played a HAM. (You'd think more people would play the HAM since it's marginally more sane, but zoom mode seems universally loathed by most everyone.)

One possible problem with IJM:
Quote:-Create a trail (with gold) from Diablo’s chamber to the maze, and lure him through it. (Must pass near both switches in the double switch room.) Then let him kill you in the center of the maze.

If the trail of gold must be connected (i.e. 1 pile per tile with no spaces in between), this would very quickly reach the ~127 items per dlvl limit and you may be unable to complete the "trail." If you're not familiar with the item limit: the game allows only so many items to be on the ground at any given time. If it reaches the limit, it doesn't allow any more items to drop.

Quote:ps. It would be nice if someone were to delete the first post (I don't know how ><) er just the variant part of it atleast.

Just use the forum's edit feature and you can modify your post as you please.

-Lemmy

Messages In This Thread
Hi i'm new here - by The-Insane-Juju-Man - 04-17-2004, 04:31 AM
Hi i'm new here - by Nazgul - 04-17-2004, 03:45 PM
Hi i'm new here - by The-Insane-Juju-Man - 04-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Hi i'm new here - by Nystul - 04-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi i'm new here - by Obi2Kenobi - 04-17-2004, 07:13 PM
Hi i'm new here - by Nystul - 04-17-2004, 07:34 PM
Hi i'm new here - by Obi2Kenobi - 04-17-2004, 07:40 PM
Hi i'm new here - by The-Insane-Juju-Man - 04-17-2004, 07:42 PM
Hi i'm new here - by The-Insane-Juju-Man - 04-17-2004, 08:59 PM
Hi i'm new here - by Nazgul - 04-17-2004, 11:16 PM