Stickies Links Page Help
Quote:Personally, I think what you want to do is good, but how you want to do it isn't. The fora are for discussion, the main site is for information. Taking the information out of the main site and putting it into the fora is a step backward. It replicated what we already have but in an inferior manner. I think that your effort would be better spent in helping to maintain the existing links page. Adding links, removing obsolete links (or at least pointing out that they are obsolete information), adding commentary about what each link contains, etc.

I agree with what you are saying here, however feel the transition would be that much simpler if the links page were already in place, IMO.

Quote:Also, a big part of extracting information about any game nowadays is identifying information that is no longer true. Very little of the information out there is tied to either a date or a game version. Often it is nearly impossible without much digging to resolve conflicts in the information and determine what is still applicable to the game at present. This, too, is maybe something you would want to consider in whatever you do. Perhaps something as simple as dating the links and labeling them with the game version number.

This is definitely true. I only have links for 'current' patch information, but if people wanted older patch info for some reason, I couldn't give it too them. I know this is backwards from what your are getting at, but the concept remains the same and dating information. Perhaps "dating" the info isn't what your referring too, but more along the line of, "sorting" the info based on its relevant patch. This makes much more sense.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by --Pete - 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 04-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by --Pete - 04-17-2009, 10:16 PM
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 04-18-2009, 03:18 AM
Stickies Links Page Help - by Taem - 08-25-2009, 11:10 PM