single player
Quote:But I know from testing it seems that drops are not as randam as claimed. I built three mages and called them test mage 1,2,3 and played till I maxed strength then built repeated it adding to magic. Leaving strength at starting level. Everytime I got better drops with the mages that I added to strength.

Now I know that since I am not testing on a wide of machines this is not proof of anything. But it is suggestive.

The game determines drops at game creation. It has no earthly idea how you'll distribute your level up points. What you've experienced is just the Murphy factor : you find particular items when you build characters not geared toward using those items.

Quote:no! I mean the mana cost on my mages that I added only to magic started out less. for instance healing on the mages that I added to strength on started out at 28 and the ones I only added to magic started out at 7.

Healing mana cost is determined by character level and spell level.

Quote:But I am not getting much in the way of elixers in my main characters and I am real serious about not restarting them hoping to get bettor luck. Evan though my mage does not have chain lightning and that it tough on level 15.

If you want mass quantities of elixirs, you'll need to "shop." Adria's inventory refreshes when you re-enter town from the dungeon. Simply leave town, return, and check her inventory for elixirs until you've attained the desired quantity.

As for Chain Lightning, CL is not a necessity. You can complete Normal/Hell without too much hassle using just level 1 Lightning.

Quote:What got me to thinking about it was level 13. I was down there with my warrior using a good sheild and a lifestealing sword. Was really having a hard time untill I got fedup and through down my sheild and sword and took an ax out of my inventory evan though my armor dropped quite a bit and my damage points lowered I had a lot less of a problam with level 13.

Loss of a shield is bad not because AC goes down, but because you lose blocking. If you had an easier time of it with an axe, that's probably because the axe either did enough damage to stun enemies or had a +ToHit modifier. If you don't have stun damage or enough ToHit with the sword, you'll be hurting.

Quote:On the other hand with my mage I carried a staff and used magic never evan had a hand to hand encounter. Worked great.

That's because mages kill with spells; they can prance around naked without much trouble. And, I'll note, Naked Mages suffer fantastic finds at the hands of Murphy, who constantly taunts them for their refusal to use items.

-Lemmy

Messages In This Thread
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 05:24 AM
single player - by Urza-DSF - 07-01-2004, 05:40 AM
single player - by Thecla - 07-01-2004, 05:43 AM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
single player - by Urza-DSF - 07-01-2004, 09:04 PM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-01-2004, 11:34 PM
single player - by dvdljns - 07-02-2004, 12:17 AM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-02-2004, 12:32 AM
single player - by LemmingofGlory - 07-02-2004, 12:35 AM