Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni
Quote:Not quite following you here...
You don't fight it, you just drown. If they smack you around, you attempt as much as possible to reach unconsciousness. If your goal is to resist interrogation, you need to deprive them of the one thing necessary for both interrogation and torture, your consciousness. Since they are committed to not kill or maim, you have very little to fear except the acute pain needed to reach unconsciousness. In fact, if you are this jihadi terrorist king pin, the best thing you might hope for is that they actually martyr you while in their detention.

In maybe that same Latin American Studies class where I read Open Veins, we had to read the collected published works of the School of the Americas and the CIA training manual for the Contras. The techniques described above were pretty mild in comparison to the interrogation techniques I've read about in my Latin American studies, and off hand, I can think of much better non-violent, non-lethal interrogation methods than what they did to the terrorists at Gitmo. Still, I don't really condone torture, but I think that some of this squeamishness is over reacting.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Messages In This Thread
Should civilized nations use "Enhanced Interrogation" techni - by kandrathe - 05-19-2009, 02:18 AM