Blood Knight AI
Quote:I was using firewall on some blood knights yesterday (as a mage in an IM game) and noticed that often they will try and avoid walking through firewalls, even if this means standing and waiting, but sometimes they will just walk through. This is pretty useful since they often stop right in front of the firewall in which case you can cast a second firewall right behind the first and they just stand in a firewall. This is more efficient than stonecurse and firewall because 1) it's cheaper (manawise) 2) firewalls last longer 3) 2 firewalls can fry more than one blood knight. I don't see anything in Jarulf which would explain this behavior (I looked in the skeleton AI section). Maybe they 'think' that a firewall is like a wall? But then why do they sometimes go through? Anyway, if someone could make this consistently repeatable it would be a pretty useful IM tactic.

Hi Weak,

I know exactly what you speak of, and for a while I couldnt understand it either, but it seems to have something to do with the amount of tiles between a particular hallway and/or passage. For example lets say you are on the east (or west) side of Diablo's cage and you have BK's chasing you. This is a pretty wide space, so if u cast a firewall directly in front of you, the knights will ignore it and go around and you get swarmed. However, if this takes place on the outside of cage 2 (the maze) on the east or west, this is a pretty narrow (2 tiles i believe) hallway and the knights will stop in front of the firewall, letting u take them out one by one while they get cooked. Next time you do hell/hell with your warrior, experiment on 16 in these 2 areas and you will see what I mean.

Cheers
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Blood Knight AI - by Zenda - 05-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Blood Knight AI - by FireIceTalon - 05-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Blood Knight AI - by Zenda - 05-22-2009, 03:25 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-22-2009, 10:04 PM
Blood Knight AI - by the Langolier - 05-23-2009, 09:53 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Blood Knight AI - by Galbraith - 05-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Blood Knight AI - by weakwarrior - 05-30-2009, 02:01 PM