Living of the Land
Since i was just trying to get my first dot, i'll post my story, because i feel the need to rant it here, hope you enjoy.

Started with Church for potions and scrolls, went trough it easily of course (l26 by now) found some sbow soon and started spreading chaos on the scavengers. L2 featured a lot of bosses, Soulpus, Shadowbite, Boneripper and Rotfeast, one of them dropped a Needler, which i havent used, i'm in doubt because of the fast attack but i opted for my other bows (Obs Sbow, LWB Stars 9 and Heavy sbb of Shock) which deal some more damage, and durability is an issue too. (Had a needler before which was gone in no time, i do crit with it now, on normal so it might be better now, but ah well) L3&4 featured some more scavengers, some flesh clan archers and some skeleton mumbo-jumbo, nothing real special, but i found about 25 pots and 5 id scrolls and lot of books just above my max magic (which is 121) no special books though, did find a staff of healing and a staff of holy bolt, which'll both come in handy (healing me trough cats and when i'm alone, and HB to lure out Diablo in the end)

Went on for Cats, since i wanted to be sure i had enough pots, i know usually a church run gives me enough for a laz run, but because i also needed part of l16 and the advocs have been slow going with near to no fire res (only the sbow, and inferno) On top of that i was thinking of clearing hell, which would take to much time when i came back from the bar to finish my game.

So i headed trough Cats for more pots, i didnt find more than a pot or 15, but did find 3 more id scrolls but more specially some good books, twice MS, one Lightning, two Flash and one Stone Curse. (and another SC and a FW which were above 121 magic) used about five healings or so, especially near l8 were i had Mud Runners and Acid Beasts. Also met some Black Deaths on l5 but they dont pose a problem to my rogue. Another good thing was finding a Infravis scroll or 5.

Skipped the caves due to time, and i think it would also have cost me potions if i went trough (and durability!), could ahve given me some nice items, but i think i'd usually skip it always, and when i've beaten Laz work my way up spending my last pots, and as such i might end up in l12 but i suppose i'll never reach l9 in this way :)

Went towards Hell, changed my setup for it. Took one of my found spare bows with me (a composite), and my Heavy bow of Shock. Did keep on my Plate of Sorcery 20 instead of the FPM of Vigor, because the latter needs the bow of the Stars +9, else i cant wear it. Switched my Lion 60 amu for a Heavens 15 amu (i consider the HPs are useful on low-hit levels since it makes sure i have to use less scrolls of healing there and stuff like damage is not important on scavengers.)

L13 had the stairs down just next to the stairs to town, lucky me. Went to look what monsters it featured, which were Lava Maws and Blood Knights, two of my biggest adversaries, i killed 4 BKs and a Maw, an amu dropped and i decided this lvl would take way too much pots and slow going to go to bed on a christian time.

L14 had the hardest way a level could lay out for a Laz run, it was some kind of circle with the stairs being halfway at the other end of the level. Didnt notice this of course which means i took 1/3 of the lower circle part and then decided to finish the upper half (since i wandered further there before figuring out the dlvl).
The level featured Vortex Lords and Snow Witches, which brought me to getting my Obsidian bow. Took them down in small numbers walking up to the Vortexes so they start melee-ing instead of doing their strange dancy chaos thingy. Took them down before any witches, retreating to not let them take shots.
On my way to the other stairs i found a FPM and full Tower Shield and two bows, which made me very happy :).
Also leveled up to 27 here. (more dex of course)

L15 would take some work, since it featured Hell Spawns and Cabalists, with my resistance problems i was in doubt what to use, but considering the damage and the to hit chance coming when there's no resistance i decided to take on the FPM vigor and LWB stars +9. Took pretty much damage from the beasts, but usually Cabalists can be easily outmaneuvered to use healing, and pinch in some shots again.
Hell Spawns are more of a problem though, so i wanted to find out where laz and the pentagram were, used an Infra scroll to look around a bit, and figured i was in NE, and SE was a large room. Went around the top slowly and in the hallway to the west side i met up with Bloodlust and the Vizier, which were subtly waiting together for me. Luckily Bloodlust was the only witch so i could lure her out and SC her.
After that used the above method to take down Vizier and his bunch, although it took me longer than i wanted. They gave me magical Rags and a Staff of CB, yay!
Went on searching for Laz room, with another infra scroll. found it just after the hallway in NW. Cleared some walking space around it and made a TP there. stepped in to lure out Blackjade and killed her while she was SC'd. Went in again for Vex, but i had my ever present laggy-laz problem (due to a slow cd-rom player i suppose) stood there for two seconds with the Spawns and Advocs firing all they ahd at me. Somewhat pissed because i usually live trough the laggy stuff i didnt put on any spare equip. (note that i found 5 res scrolls in the upper dungeons, so i had every right to go roaming while drunk)
Problem was when TPing in that Vex had walked out of the room, and i was there standing around naked. Just got out a SC in time but it lasted to short for me to be alert for telekinesing my bow back. 2nd SC on her and picked up my bow with Telekinesis. cast a third SC on her and killed her. The two witches carried a Staff of Heal and a Great Axe, yay!

Now for the fun part, As you can read below i found an Inferno not long ago, and i was wishing to try it's use vs Advocs (it gives full fire res), problem is my shield is a Sapph Kite ac 11 and of course swinging around a standard Lsw with some fire damage is not going to be fast. On the other hand i had enough mana left to start SCing as crazy, and i had the AC 20 tower shield lying around. Used an ID scroll on it (1st id) and found out it was of the Tiger (43), pretty good i would say!
Had to wear the Sorcery plate again though, and took the Stars bow with me in case it would be too tough.
Ran in and out to bow down the two Spawns, and found oput my technique worked pretty well. Of course in Laz room there are a bit many Advocs to SC them all and start killing them, but the Inferno makes sure you can also live trough some blasts of them (compared to one nearly killing me before) Slowly made my way trough the room SCing Laz and an Advoc and killing the latter until Laz was the only one around. He dropped a Sparking Mail, which i find a nice item to keep around in standard multiplay but right now the lightning damage doesnt weigh up vs high AC and high Dur in my opinion. even though when using a bow in a way you dont get any melee monsters, its too much risk for me.
Back to town i took a bow setup again, but decided on the Obsidian sbow this time, and also didnt forget taking my Lapis ring of Thieves with me this time. This appeared to be a much better setup here, with over 60% resistance the Cabalists couldnt do a thing, the Spawns still caused some problems.
Though the penta would be in SW, but of course it wasnt so i had to walk on to SE, the large room i spotted in the start of the lvl. Not much pain here, used my third Infra to know what'd be coming and jumped into the pent.

Made a TP and took Inferno/shield down again, The idea was luring out BKs, shooting them down and then go after the advocs with SC and Inferno. Worked out nicely, the BKs shouldnt come in threes or more, which meant running once.
The taking on of advocs was a bit more slow but it beautifully showed my technique worked wonders, killed about 6 advocs to clear the SE part of Diablos room.
Went on cleearing part of the SW room, which was no hassle either, especially because it was mainly BKs, and about 2 advocs, which went down to said combo.
Gorash was outside in this room too, on his own, he went down quickly on his own and dropped me another magical staff of Healing.
Flipped the two levers with Telekinesis and went up to prepare for the final battle.

Started with IDing, had 7 scrolls left after the Tower Shield. 2nd id was for the FPM which was a Giants! means i can now wear an FPM in every setup, as long as i put it on while wearing the lwb stars 9. 3rd id for the Sparking Mail. Id4 on the Ammy from l13 which was a Wizardry amu 27!, which meant mag jumped up to 130 max, and makign me able to read another book of FW, and some smaller ones (CB, firebolt and such)
Id5 and 6 on bows i found in hell (i believe SWB and Comp) they were of no real use except the SWB which was of Sorcery 20, i already had a Wizardspike as glasses with me, but this lifted my mag to 135, making the 134 prereq books readable, which meant another lvl of Healing and SC, among others. Didnt take the bow with me, because six spots for 5 mag is a bit much. id7 on a long sword from l14 whcih turned out nothing special. Id8 was a bit spare but i decided to check out Gorash's Healing Staff, it turned out Drakes 43, fun but no treasure for new games. If it were Bountifull i would ahve though about it but...

Fitted me out with the new FPM and took my most dmg bow (the stars one), dropped the holy bolt staff in hell near my TP, made some room in my inventory for the final fight (dropped some pretty useless rings for two pots an MS scroll and a Infra scroll) and six empty spots for switching the staff for my bow. Dropped the Sorcery plate there to pick up when i lured out Diablo.
Went around the corner and started firing HBs, which of course didnt find Diablo, accidently actived two BKs which i had to kill, then Diablo came out. Ran back to my Plate dropping the HB staff and started firing on Diablo, which was stunned. Did have to drink some pots against his Apoc, but he died soon enough.

My first LoL dot is there, on to NM it is...

setup:
helm of precision (5/20), Plate of Giants (72/19), LWB Stars 9, Amu Heavens 15, Ring Stars 8 Ring Moon 5.
Spare bows: Obs 38 sbow, Heavy 45 swb Shock
sw/sh: Inferno, Tower Shield ot Tiger(20/43)
spare equipment: Plate of Sorcery (46/20), Amu Giants 19, Amu Lion 60, Ring Stability, Amu Wizardry 27, Wizardspike, Lapis ring Thieves 31.
Characters: Standard Diablo Rogues: 'Paardenpoep' l36, 'Purechocolade' l31; Sorcerers 'Toverkol' l40, 'Zwarte Piet' l32, 'ZureHaring' l28 (no fb), Warrior 'Klotebeest' l29, LoL characters: rogues 'Roggebrood' l26 and 'Ironvrouw' l7, sorcerer ToverLol l20, warrior LolleBolleGijs l16 ironman character name 'Ironlady', read Toverlol's journey log

Messages In This Thread
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 06-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Living of the Land - by malach_cha_movis - 06-19-2005, 09:28 PM
Living of the Land - by [vL]Kp - 06-19-2005, 09:32 PM
Living of the Land - by malach_cha_movis - 06-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Living of the Land - by malach_cha_movis - 06-19-2005, 09:47 PM
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 06-21-2005, 07:16 PM
Living of the Land - by Occhidiangela - 06-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Living of the Land - by Thecla - 06-22-2005, 08:15 AM
Living of the Land - by Hureg - 06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 06-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Living of the Land - by Toverkol - 07-20-2005, 03:41 PM