Rabbi Loew didn't think it would lead this way
Heiho,

Quote:Since you asked, your English is quite good by the way ...
uh, thanks a lot. I'm always afraid of using false friends (words which looks same as German ones but with completely different meaning in English, there's quite a lot of them), using German metaphors in English wordings or, worse, English metaphors and phrases I'm not aware of while simply translating my thoughts.

Regarding the SkillDesc.txt business with FGs fire damage I want to add another tidbit.
You see SkillDesc.txt refers only to ln56 for Holy Fire, without the 'min' function. So your FGs damage display ingame is quite accurate with a FG sLvl up to 23.
Whenever and whyever you want to buff Fire Golem beyond sLvl23 both the displayed punching fire damage as well as the pulse damage from Holy Fire list wrong figures, because the display doesn't care about the capped sLvl30 aura.
This is the effect I've written about at the very beginning. The function in SkillDesc.txt is not the same as the function in Skills.txt, or more correct, the actual sum of the two independent functions of Fire Golem's native punching damage and added Holy Fire aura punching damage defined in Skills.txt.
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB

Messages In This Thread
Rabbi Loew didn't think it would lead this way - by librarian - 07-24-2006, 09:48 PM