Rabbi Loew didn't think it would lead this way
Heiho,

what I've listed is his 'native' punching fire damage, what the ingame description lists is his 'native' fire damage enhanced with the additional attack fire damage from the according Holy Fire sLvl. This is determined in <span style="color:#CC33CC">SkillDesc.txt :-)

It lists
<span style="color:#CC6600">edmn+sklvl('Holy Fire'.ln56.edmn)*sklvl('Holy Fire'.ln56.par5)
for displayed mindamage and
<span style="color:#CC6600">edmx+sklvl('Holy Fire'.ln56.edmx)*sklvl('Holy Fire'.ln56.par5)
for displayed maxdamage
SkillDesc.txt refers to the ParamX and other Parameter columns in Skills.txt. So first edmn and edmx parameters are taken from the actual Fire Golem row in Skills.txt, then the via ln56 defined skill level of Holy Fire is taken to edmn and edmx of the Holy Fire row and applies Param5 of Holy Fire row as factor, which is called '<span style="color:#CC6600">damage to attack multiplier' and is a plain '6'.

Code:
edmn/edmx parameters for Holy Fire

EMin&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EMax&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;6
EMinLev1&nbsp;&nbsp;1&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EMaxLev1&nbsp;&nbsp;1
EMinLev2&nbsp;&nbsp;2&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EMaxLev2&nbsp;&nbsp;2
EMinLev3&nbsp;&nbsp;3&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EMaxLev3&nbsp;&nbsp;3
EMinLev4&nbsp;&nbsp;5&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EMaxLev4&nbsp;&nbsp;5
EMinLev5&nbsp;&nbsp;7&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; EMaxLev5&nbsp;&nbsp;7
Yes, in SkillDes.txt the function works with 'sklvl' instead of 'skill' like Skills.txt. I guess that happens when as a programmer you work on a variety of files with slightly, but not exactly the same contents and calls.

<edit>
oh, and the other one <strike>is</strike> was indeed a typing spello ...
<edit#2>
... and I should've guessed that the code thing doesn't work with tabs ...
<edit#3>
corrected code layout
</edit_all>
so long ...
librarian

Check out some peanuts or the
Diablo II FAQtoids
current status: re-thinking about HoB

Messages In This Thread
Rabbi Loew didn't think it would lead this way - by librarian - 07-23-2006, 03:09 PM