Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution
Quote:I've sensed certain phrases like "saving your asses a lot of work" & "but damn if I don't feel unappreciated", that lead to the conclusion, that you couldn't have been that ecstatic, considering, that there are other ways to get us informed about that, ways, that do not include 'asses' and 'damn' (those served as key-words for my unmeant misinterpretation), still you thought, that you had been forgotten, which is why there's really nothing to say against your reaction.

I can see why you interpreted it that way. In this situation, though, I explained why I was upset, so all that need be done is show that I need not be. Going beyond that isn't necessary, since I'm already supportive of what you're doing.

Quote:Keeping in mind, that it almost took "me" (I've always had a lot of input from the rest of the team) two years to compile that analysis, calling your massive preparatory work 'brilliant' is the least I could do, since I do not dare to think about how long it would have taken, if it wasn't in existence, as I may get "You would have given up in the early stages of development" as an answer.

Doing tedious, monotonous work (like transcribing wav files) is most easily accomplished by finding a way to frame the work that makes it move along. In such a way, a lot of work can be done rather quickly. For example, at work the other day a coworker and I assembled 30 office chairs in about 2 hours time, but doing that was all about finding a way to frame the work (we chose an "assembly line" approach). With the wav files, I treated it as a speed-typing exercise, which arose from a nerdy desire to be able to type as fast as people talk. I still can't type that fast, but it made the work more interesting. I don't remember how long it took me to transcribe the wav files, but it didn't require more than a few evenings, courtesy of my then-nonexistant social life.

-Lemmy

Messages In This Thread
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Munkay - 08-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Alamara - 08-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Thecla - 08-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Taem - 08-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Ashock - 08-10-2006, 08:40 PM