Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution
Diablo-Evolution Act 1/Scene 8

Trimayne steps on the scene, right after a set of 5 minutes, which he has taken to get an idea of the whole situation.

LemmingofGlory Wrote:I am curious as to why my name is not mentioned on your credits page when the transcriptions used on your site were lifted from my site -- thus saving your asses a lot of work.

It appeared to us, that if we we would just have mentioned you within our info-section, which is our credits page, it wouldn't really describe how precious your work actually was to us, which is why I've written an introduction to the quests-section, that hopefully makes it clear, that I wouldn't have been able to come up with that work of mine, if yours hadn't existed in the first place.

But well it was finally decided, that at both places your name and achievements should be presented.

[Info-Section Sentence:]

LemmingofGlory - He did an awesome job in writing the transcripts for most of the quest speech files, thus saving us a LOT of work!

The Introduction to the Quests-Section - Readme.txt

About this section

The first thought, that came to my mind, while I’ve chosen to write a new Quest-related article, was ‘where would I start from’… from scratch by searching the MPQ-Archive for the soundfiles? It was in that exact moment, that the memory supplied me with the right piece of information “You’ve already read an extensive text concerning them by a person under the nickname of LemmingofGlory, so go search the TheDark-Forums for the link”…looking at it again, it was clear, that if there’s any writ, that I can base my work on, then it’s cleary this one. You’ve the destinction between Quests\Tasks, the Quest-Template(Trigger\Gist\Reward) giving you the idea of the Quest and the transcripts of the related soundfiles with some useful notes. So, rather than creating an alternativ I meant to expand this wonderful contribution by adding details from the other Diablo-Versions (+Hellfire) and mentioning possible interpretations, which do either appear under Additional Information in the Template or Notes in between Npc-speeches or after them. Decide for yourself, if I’ve managed to do both LemmingofGlory and the Quest-Topic justice, but remember it really was the intention:)Trimayne

--------

Furthermore Ychiju took the time to compare the transcripts with the soundfiles and thereby discovered, that it's possible to transcribe one or two additional ones (as those 1-2 soundfiles remained overlooked, which isn't surprising, considering how many files one needs to check), which fitted perfectly into my vision, I wanted to extend your work, not offer an alternative and certainly not let this become some lousy uninspired act of thievery.

As this is how progress is made, someone brings up a topic again, which has been discussed a while ago by a person, who definitely knew of what he was talking back then (and still does), by basing his work on the shoulders of his predecessor, as more heads equals more brains and more brains most likely spawn more ideas, which hopefully cover up as much as there is to cover up concerning a topic (at least for a while).

Let's for example take a look at the one passage, that you've quoted:

With that interpretation of yours it was clear, that Tremain vanishes into thin air at this exact moment (dies), which created a conflict => He dies at this point, but still has to offer the Lazarus-Quest (= in every version of Diablo the next to last Quest of the Game)..... hundreds of concepts were discussed until we've finally agreed on Onyx's approach, which says, that there's just one real intepretation of this situation, those two quests can't happen in a single game, either one or the other is chosen radomly by the quest-generation-code, making Tremain the extraordinary Npc, that he deserved to be. ( You'll find, that the Tremain, Master of Randomness Part of the Quest-Section will be updated soon to provide clearer arguments for the 'That's random' - Interpretation, not that the current ones aren't alright, but why not improve something, that you can improve easily:)+ A new appendix will follow soon as well, which might contain some extra-info on Tremain... go see for yourself... then;))

Finally, I hope, that this leaves you a bit less angry, as it wasn't my or our intention to make you angry in the first place... it rather was to compliment you on your brilliant work..

Greetings,

Trimayne

Messages In This Thread
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-02-2006, 07:08 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Munkay - 08-02-2006, 08:54 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Alamara - 08-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Thecla - 08-03-2006, 12:34 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-03-2006, 05:07 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by trimayne - 08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Taem - 08-03-2006, 11:27 PM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-04-2006, 05:15 AM
Proudly presenting: Diablo Evolution - by Mystery - 08-04-2006, 07:41 PM