Tristram Quiz!
Here are what is considered the correct answer in MY opinion. For those that did not do it, please try it out first. As a bonus, you also get the score of everyone that took the test the second time I ran it 8don’t have scores from the first time). I have basically already posted the scores from this time around except for NiteFox who got 25 correct answers.

Anyway, here are the reply last time around with the comments from then so if something sound strange, it was in reference to something posted by someone back then. Have fun and I hope you enjoyed it.

1. What is the name of the drunkard in the Town?
B. Farnham

This was an easy start just to make everyone feel comfortable with the quiz!

2. From where did Ogden get the Harlequin Crest that you receive as a gift in one of the quests?
C. A magician forgot it while staying at the inn.

3. When you manage to turn the water in the well fresh again, you are given a reward, from who?
A. Pepin

4. Who is Gerda?
B. Ogden’s wife

As was pointed out the name should actually be Garda. My apologies for this and a few other spelling errors. I need to work on my hand writing so that I can read it correctly afterwards.

5. Which weapon was made by Griswold?
C. King Leoric’s sword

Griswold also makes the Griswold’s Edge within the game but that is a completely other item (which is of its own type by the way).

6. Who was it that saved Wirt when he had just lost his leg?
A. Griswold

7. For how long have Ogden owned his tavern?
B. 4 years

He purchased it only a few months before all things got started.

8. What is the name of the land where you find Tristram?
C. Khanduras

9. One of the persons below was charged of treason to King Leoric, who?
C. Lachdanan, knight of the order of light

10. How come Lazarus was first lured into the dungeons beneath the old monastery
A. He was lured down by Diablo

11. Who was the ”inventor” of the Holy Bolt?
C. Cathan

I had hoped this would be a real difficulty question, but it seemed most knew it. Have everyone really read the manual that thoroughly AND remember it?

12. One angel left the High Heaven to found his own dominion, what was his name?
A. Inarius

He believed himself to be above both angels and demons and thus left and built a great cathedral in glass and crystal. He then attacked a temple of worship for Mephisto who got so mad that he went to Inarius cathedral, destroyed it and captured Inarius. He then tore of the wings of Inarius and distorted his appearance to what is now the overlords.

13. Who was the bearer of the Angelic pure blade of Azurewrath?
A. Izual

Izual was a lieutenant to the Arch-Angel Tyrael. When he led the attack upon the Hellforge where Shadowfang was near completion, he was lost to the darkness.

14. Who of the following was never a member of the Horadrim?
A. Tal Rasha
B. Cain
C. Tyrael

This was a trick question, all have been members of the Horadrim. But, hey, if you want your own well in the World of Diablo, you really need to know such things, right?

15. The symbol of the Horadrim has a geometric from, which one?
B. triangle

An easy question to make people happy after the trick question above.

16. What is the name of the Guild of the Rogues?
B. Sisters of the sightless eye.

And yes, it should be without an s at the end.

17. How many are the great evils?
B. 7

The Great evils are 7. There are 4 lesser ones and 3 prime ones.

18. Who is the lord of Destruction?
A. Baal

I had initially thought about asking who is the lord of Sin. You may get a bonus point if you can answer that right now!

19. In the dungeons you will meet a monster type that is what is left Inarius and his follower after they were captured by Mephisto. What is the monster type?
A. Overlords

See above.

20. Magma demons are actually created from the blood of one of the three brothers, who?
B. Mephisto

21. What was the name of Mephisto’s fortress?
C. Fortress of bone

Most people guessed his fortress would be ”of hatred”, just as he himself is the Lord of Hateress, but that is not the case, his fortress is ”of bone”.

22. Who was also called ”the Black King”?
B. King Leoric

A few easy questions to boost the morale before the real hard ones.

And now, to separate the skilful ones from the lucky ones, the questions with no alternatives.

23. What picture can be found on the sign of Ogden’s tavern?

A raising sun. Please note that a setting sun does look completely different in its colour schemes. Just ”a sun” does not count either since it can be either raising, setting, up or down.

24. What was the name and title of King Leoric’s son?

Prince Albrecht.

25. Who, and when, says the words ”You drink water?”

Farnham, who else could have said such a thing:)

26. Who killed King Leoric?

Lachdanan

27. What is needed to release Lachdanan from his curse?

A golden elixir.

28. Who is Canance?

My apologies, this should of course have been Canace, Wirt’s mother (not grand mother according to my notes).

29. What is the relationship between the Great Conflict and the Sin War?

The coming of the Great Conflict to the mortal realm is known as the Sin War (straight from the manual of the game, who said it was not a useful bunch of paper?)

30. What is known as the Dark Exile?

The three brothers realized that Man was the key to victory against Heaven and thus devoted their attention to the Sin war. This made the lesser evils to lose faith in the three brothers and a revolution started led mainly by Azmodan and Belial and all of Hell went to war against the three brothers. The three brothers were overcome by the Horned death and were banished to the mortal realm, this banishment is known as the Dark Exile.

31. Who is the lord of Pain?

Duriel.

32. What or who is Zakarun?

A religion in the name of the Light which originated form the Far East. It started to spread in the kingdom of Westmarch and was the reason why lord Leoric (he was only a lord in the Kingdom of Westmarch). And again, yes, a typo, it should be an m at the end.

Oh, Azmodan is the lord of Sin.

And now for the results. Forgive me if I have counted erroneously. I tried my best but a lot of you answered the quiz.

7-9 - Well, at least I got an average result by guessing madly at the ”three choices” questions.
9 Harm

Right after 10-12 - Not bad, you are at least interested in learning the history behind it all.
13 ByPreX

14-16 - You did OK. Still a lot to learn though.
14 Romendacil
15 DeeBye
15 Mean Jean929(Mean ALE)
16 Arnold Layne
16 Mephista
16 Sir Nick

17-19 - Nice, you are above average in the knowledge of the story of Diablo.
17 J6
17 Leshy
17 Queto Yurlunyur
18 TELOD
18 El Gecko
18 Ben
19 Falomin
19 Talon

20-22 - Good! You have just proven that you are a true enthusiast of Diablo and its underlying story.
20 Boutros-Boutros
22 Acathla
22 Esau
22 Mr Guy

23-25 - Excellent! Even Cain the story teller would have a hard time finding tales you are not aware of.
23 TheMikrobe
23 Yuxtapose
24 Bloody Hand
25 Keeper of Hell

26-28 - You are a true expert and knows most everything about the land and its history. (or you have cheated as a quiz writer for Blizzard:)
26 Caius
26 FoxBat
27 Zamal

29-31 - Ha! I am one of the designers of the game. Bad memory was the reason I failed some of the answers.
29.5 AdvocateofMurphy (only half a point for the last answer, yes I *am* tough)
30 Kasreyn
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Tristram Quiz! - by Jarulf - 02-16-2007, 12:09 AM
Tristram Quiz! - by LemmingofGlory - 02-17-2007, 02:02 AM
Tristram Quiz! - by grakas - 02-17-2007, 05:37 PM
Tristram Quiz! - by Brother Laz - 02-17-2007, 05:42 PM
Tristram Quiz! - by LemmingofGlory - 02-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Tristram Quiz! - by Thecla - 02-18-2007, 07:18 AM
Tristram Quiz! - by Fragbait - 02-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Tristram Quiz! - by Jarulf - 02-18-2007, 05:01 PM
Tristram Quiz! - by Nystul - 02-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Tristram Quiz! - by Thecla - 02-21-2007, 04:05 AM
Tristram Quiz! - by NiteFox - 02-21-2007, 08:59 AM