Done for my fellow Hellfire players : Fully functional TCP/IP Multipla
Quote:Oh, in that case I should be thankful to Sierra and not yelling at them.. But I'm still puzzled as to why Blizzard would want the expansion pack to be shipped without multiplayer.. :unsure:

I think the original deal was for single player only. The fact thatit did not work for battle.net is not surprising since it was not done nor supported by Blizzard so it would have been very hard to allow it on battle.net. Why other multiplayer variants was also removed one can always wonder about regarding the motives by Blizzard. Sierra did basically thus only focus on the single player but the multiplayer code was in the source (they built Hellfire on the at the time current 1.04 code) and it seemed to still work with no extra changes needed, they decided to have the hidden activation put in without any support. Of course, Blizzard got mad and demanded the removal of the "multitest". Due to several other controversies (like the Barbarian who was also supposed to appear in Blizzard's upcomming Diablo 2) the guys at synergistic didn't really have much of an option but to remove it in the patch. Considering how things went with the almost complete breakup of Synergistic and removal of the lead programmer and transfering others inside Sierra, I suppose they could have risked keeping it there. But it is always easy to be smart after you know how things turned out.
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.

Messages In This Thread
Done for my fellow Hellfire players : Fully functional TCP/IP Multipla - by Jarulf - 03-29-2007, 11:52 AM