Character Builds
Quote:As I mentioned above L/P-Zons are effective through Hell in Solo-Mode. They and Skelli-Necros are the two favourite chars when there has been a ladder-reset. I've got an Elemental Zealot with good Res in Act5/N, he's finding it difficult, Hell will be even worse. The best combo for a char is Ranged Attack/Strong Minion. (I view CE as a ranged attack)

Yeah, I'm with Assur on this one. If you want to solo Hell on your first try, make a summoner Necromancer. However you will want to have somewhat decent gear for him first (perhaps a few runes?) which is why I suggest a paladin for Normal and Nightmare because they're built "Ford" tough;)and can get some nice starting gear for your Necromancer in no time. Just my opinion.

BTW, my Necromancer is now level 70 and doing extremely well in Hell. Let me just put it this way; I can solo in an 8ppl game! If your going Necro, then definitely play trade up to a Might merc as soon as possible, despite whatever logic your brain tells you to the contrary (you will kill stuff 2x faster and the skeletons already have so many HP, you hardly ever have to recast them anyways). Also, play Ladder and make an Insight A.S.A.P. in a 4-socket polearm for your merc. Believe it or not, if you have enough +1 skill items collected from your Paladin, then you will only ever need 1-point into Summon Resists, Revive, and Amplify Damage (and this is also the ONLY curse you need, despite what people might tell you to the contrary).

Well, have fun whichever you choose.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Character Builds - by TheKingofKewl - 06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Character Builds - by Hammerskjold - 06-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Character Builds - by Taem - 06-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Character Builds - by Assur - 06-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Character Builds - by TheKingofKewl - 06-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Character Builds - by Assur - 06-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Character Builds - by Taem - 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Character Builds - by Taem - 06-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Character Builds - by TheKingofKewl - 06-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Character Builds - by Assur - 06-12-2008, 09:51 PM