Character Builds
Quote:I'm thinking of picking up Diablo II again. I would like to make a good build, something powerful but fun to play. Its been two years so I don't know whats changed. Does anyone know of some good sites by experienced DII players of how to spend my skill/attribute points wisely and effectivily?

This time around most interested in Assassin, Paladin and Druid. Though I'll probably end up with more. Thanks

For me, it was and still is, the Amazon Basin. Which build is fun is a matter of personal taste, but in terms of good info, the AB has a lot of it.

Since I don't know exactly which builds you find powerful but fun, I can only give you my take on it. YMMV and all that. I personally like builds that aren't too item dependant.

Assasin: Kickers and Trappers. Finding\crafting an end game boot for a kicker is relatively easier compared to other chars and their end game gear, in my own experience at least. (Simple kicker build I liked, max DTail, max Fade, max a Shadow minion of your choice, 1 point in Cloak of Shadow. Your choice of merc. Everything else is gravy.)

Paladin: Elemental (Shock and Frost) Zealots, and Blessed Hammerdins. The first is one of my personal favourite, the second are well known for good reasons.

Druid: There's a lot of possibilities with this one, but honestly Druids are not really my cup of tea. I did however, had a good time building an Edge bow werewolf, and a similar themed Rabid wolf, and a wind based druid caster.

addition: Since druids are not my particular favourite, I'm not really sure which one would qualify as 'powerful', so I listed the druid builds I found fun. If by powerful you mean able to solo an 8\Hell game, out of the chars listed I personally found the Assasin to be the most able to survive, give a decent smackdown, at an affordable price. But again, YMMV.

Messages In This Thread
Character Builds - by TheKingofKewl - 06-03-2008, 10:38 PM
Character Builds - by Hammerskjold - 06-03-2008, 11:42 PM
Character Builds - by Taem - 06-04-2008, 05:21 AM
Character Builds - by Assur - 06-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Character Builds - by TheKingofKewl - 06-08-2008, 12:20 PM
Character Builds - by Assur - 06-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Character Builds - by Taem - 06-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Character Builds - by Taem - 06-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Character Builds - by TheKingofKewl - 06-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Character Builds - by Assur - 06-12-2008, 09:51 PM