Is Backing-Up Chars Duping?
Scroll down for a more direct response from me:
--------------------------------------------

Its a good question, and since you asked for multiple opinions I may as well offer mine. Years ago, when Diablo was a popular place to be online I never knew how to backup my character and so I never did.

My first character was lvl 41 before he retired and I never knew how to back him up. My next got to level 36 and I knew how to back him up but I lost the file and my friend lost the extra of it I gave him.

I'm now on my 3rd warrior, also level 36. I backed him up on my mom's computer and will eventually on mine. But to answer your question, I don't think of it as cheating so long as your not using it to dupe items and make multiple copies or continously abusing it. I kept mine backed up to have it on file encase of hard drive failure, accidently erasure, that sort of thing. I used it once while experiementing my character in Hell/Hell and my character died and I had no time to recover cause my drive for work was going. Other conditions I find to be exceptable are power failures during recovery and latency kicking you out. If your dying often and backing up your character then probably yes its cheating. However in DII they made it so you just had to click on your body to recover, even if you left the game to go to another. So if you were in a hurry or couldn't recover you could get in next game. If its not cheating there why would it be cheating in old D1 where they never thought of implementing it or had the technical opinons? I may get flammed for it but its just 'my opinion.' And if I've cheated, I've only done so once, as mentioned above.

Diablo, like other games features items that are extremely rare. In Diablo one there are items like obs/zod that are nearly impossible to find again and Holy/mammal shields.

No - as long as your respectful of how to use it.

Quote:Two friends of mine are trying to decide if Backing-up is a way or cheating. One of them is, one of them isn't. It isn't really duping because your loading your character from the previous game, just as you would in SP. But also, it wasn't really intended for the game itself. So the 3 of us are trying to figure it out. And I wanted to hear it from multiple people. Any thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by Rejections - 06-13-2008, 04:51 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-13-2008, 05:17 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-13-2008, 12:31 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-13-2008, 02:53 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-13-2008, 11:27 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by FireIceTalon - 06-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-14-2008, 02:01 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-14-2008, 02:21 AM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by LennyLen - 06-14-2008, 04:22 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by --Pete - 06-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Is Backing-Up Chars Duping? - by TheKingofKewl - 06-14-2008, 11:36 PM