HOW to make a clan / guild? (BNet)
(01-02-2018, 05:06 PM)GhastMaster Wrote: I think he meant a integrated clan system like in many other newer games. There are not nor were there any /clan or /guild commands. In Diablo, there was previously the ability to create a channel and be the owner of that channel. This gave the owner the ability to ban people or kick them. If everyone left the channel someone else could steal it, if I recall correctly.
Indeed, that is what I meant. But you are mistaken about there not being guild-related commands in the past. In fact, if you fully explore all the commands in Diablo Battle.Net with the help command today, and keep poking around, you will see there were some guild-related commands (and others that are non-guild-related). If you try using them, they seem to be disabled, with the game telling you you can't do that or something similar.

This is why I started this thread:
- To know if I missed something in my search (which is perfectly possible: perhaps the "disabled" commands I saw just were added to Battle.Net later, and/or perhaps they never were meant to be used with Diablo? Though IIRC there was Guild Chat, but my memory could just be wrong);
- To see if further light could be shed on this in any case.

And yeah, there were ways to use channels in ways like that. Again, browsing through commands with the help command seems to reveal much about how all of that used to work.

Regardlessly, everyone's comments are very much appreciated! Thanks for the input.

Messages In This Thread
RE: HOW to make a clan / guild? (BNet) - by Bolty - 12-30-2017, 03:26 PM
RE: HOW to make a clan / guild? (BNet) - by Red Hairdo - 01-14-2018, 03:35 AM