MyBattle [Diablo 2 Priv Server]
Lol, I love the pic.

I feel you might be conflating the emotion behind two separate posts of mine. This post had noting to do with emotion and everything to do with logic, whereas the post in The Lounge was quite the opposite. I really have no idea how I might have came across as brash or rude in the post I made on this thread, but nonetheless, I might as well offer up clarity in case other's are confused:

Even though Bolty might not get in "legal" trouble anymore for allowing other's to advertise private servers, he is still ultimately responsible for the content of the Lounge being the admin and one of only a small handful of moderators. If someone were to post something objectionable to the Lounge's views, he'd most likely want it removed.

My comment was made from personal experience in my business where I've heard of customers getting "sick" eating candy out of vending machines and the merchant getting sued, not the vending machine owner, vendors getting into a physical altercation in front of guests over profits, kids tripping over vending machines and suing the merchant, etc. I felt my personal analogies had something to offer since to me, it seems related in the sense that even though the content is not directly ours, we (as managers) are responsible for the content if we leave it in our place of business. Thus if the private server allowed hacks, or worse, didn't allow hacks in the beginning but later revised their policy after getting our approval, then of course ultimately we'd be responsible for that content. However, because it's not that common for private servers to pop up for D2 nowadays, I think it can most likely be handled on a case to case basis, so my tale was merely a precautionary one.

I hope that cleared things up for you Big Grin .
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin

Messages In This Thread
Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Cosxi - 04-25-2013, 07:48 PM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Bolty - 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Taem - 05-02-2013, 03:01 AM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Taem - 05-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Mybattle Diablo 2 Private Server - by nyne - 06-08-2013, 02:39 AM
RE: Diablo 2 Private Server [MyBattle] - by Bolty - 06-11-2013, 12:57 PM
MyBattle [Diablo 2 Priv Server] - by Fogeeno - 10-22-2016, 07:04 PM