It is now 2016...
The answer is very simple my fellow D1'er. It's because D1 is a one-of-a-kind classic, and arguably the greatest RPG ever made, even arguably the best game made period; despite is odd quarks, glitches, and flaws. Once you are bit by the D1 bug, you are infected forever - there is no cure. Of course, some of us suffer it worse than others. My particular condition of the D1 bug is pretty terrible and extreme by most standards.

My chars are all level 50 (maxed their exp like 12 years ago), with basically perfect gear (legit of course), and yet I still play time to time on battle.net. Mostly I go on there to chat with old friends, but we play a hell/hell co-op or PvP on ocassion still. I suppose I will to some extent as long as bnet is up and running and the game is playable.

Not sure I can really be troubled to make any new chars at this point, but if you get a char into the 30''s or 40's I'd be more than happy to play hell/hell with ya. I've always been one of those players who prefers perfecting his chars (both items and mechanics/skill) and playing the end-game (highest difficulty and PvP action), rather then quitting and starting fresh and new later on.

Outdated or not, this is still the best game of its kind ever, in my eyes. The game is so simple on the surface, mechanically speaking, yet far more complex than most people realize at the same time. D1 isn't just a great game though, its a fucking work of art. Neither D2 nor D3 had the same impact for me as the original.

If I may, you should give this place a visit: http://www.tristr.am/index.php

It's a small but solid community of players who still play D1, complete with a forum, chat, and a small app that allows you to upload your chars for all to see along with exp leaderboards.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
It is now 2016... - by wkd1 - 01-10-2016, 02:55 AM
RE: It is now 2016... - by FireIceTalon - 01-10-2016, 05:09 AM
RE: It is now 2016... - by wkd1 - 01-10-2016, 04:03 PM
RE: It is now 2016... - by FireIceTalon - 01-10-2016, 09:31 PM