Bonus quests
(02-16-2014, 03:47 PM)Big Daddy Wrote: I would have assumed my logic could have been discerned without me having to elaborate, but judging on your response I must deem a followup necessary.

I have stated, our Chechen friends behind the Hell are noobs. Not because of the rediculous grammar in the title. Not even because they're afraid to share their findings re: the Diablo assembly. Although that does help said cause.
I call them noobs because they have taken all of their supposed innovations from other, older mods, such as The Dark. Evidenced, they're using Hellfire, the framework for every mod since V&K. This is why they won't release any information from their findings; it's already been released. See The Dark mod notes.

Anyone who's actually reverse-engineered Diablo will tell you it's a bitch of a task; it took me two straight weeks.
But to use the difficulty of the task as a reason to deprive those who would come after you is not only spiteful, but noobish.

After all, if V&K never released their notes, there would not be a The Dark.
If The Dark never released their notes, well there wouldn't be a The Hell either.

Utterly shameful.

In reference to this other mod you're refering, they as well, shamefully, fear releasing their source codes.

Well, I've disassembled their little demo and have toyed with it nonetheless.

They, too, like all others who would stifle the growth of the Diablo community with their scorn for open-source knowledge, are noobs.

If you see a flaw in my logic, please inform me here, so that I may revise my way of thinking.

@Belix, this is exactly why I stopped Khanduras for the time being (not saying gone forever, but why should I support the Diablo modding community?). The Hell team has been terrible at sharing what they know. I'm glad Big Daddy is taking a stance, if no one did then what's the point of calling it a community?

To add fuel to the fire, this new mod Belzebub is doing the exact same thing but even MORE noobish. http://awake.diablo1.eu.org/open-source-t309.html
Modmaker has already said that he would release code and resources, assumingly to be less noobish. NOPE
Just makes me upset, call it butthurt, sure. But in the end, only people that suffer are those that enjoy playing new Diablo games and those that enjoy making them.

Messages In This Thread
Bonus quests - by Marker1992 - 02-15-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Belix - 02-15-2014, 07:15 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Big Daddy - 02-16-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: Bonus quests - by LennyLen - 02-16-2014, 09:00 AM
RE: Bonus quests - by Big Daddy - 02-16-2014, 03:47 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by LennyLen - 02-17-2014, 03:03 AM
RE: Bonus quests - by qualakon - 02-20-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Noktis - 02-20-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: Bonus quests - by Belix - 02-20-2014, 11:16 PM