Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(11-22-2016, 12:08 PM)keksnase Wrote: just WOW! this is a damn cool feature Smile
Thanks. I only just used the Diablo Torch UI mod for the first time today (I avoided it for quite some time because I heard the stash feature built into it could cause items to disappear, so I'd rather use the more reliable Gillian Stash by PlugUlmo), and I was really amused to see that the author of torch also decided to color the dangerous shrines in Red. Even the exact same ones that I did.

(11-22-2016, 12:08 PM)keksnase Wrote: Another thing to be aware of: When copying the code from the code-tag and pasting it into an editor (notepad++ and chrome)...
This seems to be caused by the exceedingly long length of lines. Even trying to edit this in the first place I ran into a lot of problems trying to copy and paste such large amounts of information, but it didn't occur to me that copying the text off this page might also cause the same problem.
I'd have to spend a lot of time clipping the code into more bite size pieces to fix this. I'll try to fix it soon.

(11-23-2016, 01:10 PM)keksnase Wrote: It seems to me that you forgot some shrines
I never forget what the other objects do (which I don't technically classify as shrines), so I decided not to add them to the list. But I realize now that may not be the case for other players. Perhaps I should include them at the bottom.

I'm happy to see someone else tinkering with the game a bit. Nice job making your own additions! The Imposing shrine only existed in the Diablo Beta and never made it into the retail version of the game. It was originally meant to permanently increase your life in exchange for permanently reducing your mana; the presence of shrines that could actually increase your maximum life or mana makes sense of some weird things in the game like shrines that permanently damage it, and Black Deaths permanently damaging your health. It stands to reason that when these were implemented the designers knew the loss could be made up elsewhere, but when they were later removed (likely due to the implementation of multiplayer), they overlooked some of the things that could still permanently reduce these stats which could no longer be counteracted.

Also, if you want to note that Weird shrine effect only lasts for the session, you may also want to note that Gloomy shrines have the same limitation.

(11-23-2016, 01:10 PM)keksnase Wrote: PS: is there a limit of bytes that can be replaced in one line within the dat file? I've tried to combine the complete string but it did not work for me.
I had the same problem when I was developing this text patch. The limit may be around 1000 bytes. This is the reason I had to split it up into 2 pieces (and judging by the issues copying and pasting even those 2 large pieces, I probably should have split it up more). I may have to rewrite the code on a one message per line basis to clean it up.

I'll probably rewrite the patch and text myself and update the original post at some point, but thanks for sharing and putting it here for anyone else to use.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 11-24-2016, 08:27 AM