Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(08-12-2015, 06:29 AM)Belix Wrote: So, first I will tell you that the information you quoted appears to be for Diablo, and not Hellfire. But also possibly a version of Diablo older than v1.09. The locations/offsets/addresses (whatever you'd like to call them really) vary greatly between Diablo and Hellfire, but also slightly between different versions of the game.

The first offset is for Diablo 1.07, and the one on parentheses is for 1.09. The document that Hammerskjold quoted from does list the Hellfire (1.01 iirc) offsets as well, further down the page. The offsets are for the .exe, but it's pretty easy to convert them to memory offsets.

(08-12-2015, 06:29 AM)Belix Wrote: Maybe I'll dissect it some day, and maybe what I find will to finally make some sense out of how the Sorcerer ended up with Shields as his fastest weapon type. There might even be an explanation for the Bard seeming to attack faster in HF:Fixed if it wasn't just a shorter animation.

I did spend some time playing around with various timing values. As you noted, even when the changes work, the results just don't look right. I gave up on it in the end as the extra speed you can add doesn't make up for looking at weird animations non stop.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by LennyLen - 08-12-2015, 01:45 PM