Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(07-26-2015, 05:38 PM)Belix Wrote: Anyway, I agree it'd be nice to have easier access to these items, as it seems this was the developer's intention, but so many players have been doing just fine without them for years; I hesitate to change something that may make the game seem too easy to the badass players out there. Big Grin

Agreed, the griswold pack peek in vanilla HF is probably the biggest hint of that intention. It didn't work quite as intended, but since HF =/= D1 vanilla, considering HF was a licensed expansion pack for D1 by Sierra/Synergistic Software. And this patch is a player made modification of that expansion, and you're doing this out of your own free time. You really have no one to answer to. Tongue

More seriously, just keep doing what you're doing. Especially since you're doing this at a pro bono/gratis rate.

Anyhow I got a question for you if you don't mind. How feasible is it to change around the characters attack speed rate in HF modding? Could it be done by hex editing alone? Iirc there was a small, non game breaking* bug with HF:F with the bard's swing speed, but only using mace weapons. If she has a "of speed\haste", she could match the top speed of a warrior's one handed weapon swing. *(reason I say it isn't game breaking or unbalanced is it doesn't crash the game, and bards using mace is usually not as effective as bards with swords, even with the increased speed.) I don't mean that I want to adjust the bard necessarily, I'm more interested in trying to see if there is an easy way to edit the characters attack speed rate.

Thanks Belix, and again, kudos for the work you put in this mod\patch.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Hammerskjold - 08-01-2015, 09:25 PM