Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
While the idea is certainly neat, it probably isn't for the best.

The max beneficial AC in PvM is 285 for a level 50 char, which is pretty easy to get as it is if you find a nice Awesome Full Plate of whatever. I suppose the appeal of being able to obtain a legitimate Godly Full plate of the Whale could make one want to play just for the thrill of trying to find it, however.

As you already mentioned, I feel like chars with top notch gear are already extremely powerful as it is (not necessarily a bad thing, but these new items would probably raise them to levels where they could be classified as very "overpowered"), even on hell difficulty. You'd probably have to insert a new difficulty level with the introduction of such items? As a veteran player with lots of perfect/near perfect gear, I think if my chars were any stronger the game would be too easy. The best items currently in the game are still very rare and prestigious, and can take years to find - especially if you are one of those fanatics like me that wants as close to perfect rolls as possible.

Plus, not sure what the implications would be from a PvP perspective. I feel like with the current available gear and established rules, D1 PvP is quite well balanced and conceived. I think the introduction of Godly full plates, Hydra Rings of Wizardry, and such could alter that balance in a negative way. The positive of making some of the already existing affixes possible to drop, is of course, not having to do countless shop runs at Wirt. But I doubt its worth it overall in the end due to the above mentioned affects it would have on the interacting mechanics of the game, both in PvM and PvP.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by FireIceTalon - 07-26-2015, 07:18 PM