Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Greetings.

(07-26-2015, 12:13 PM)Volker_Kaudah Wrote: Would it be possible to implement the possibilty for diablo to drop a random item (not just the undead crown).
I intend to. In fact, I thought I had already fixed that. My apologies. I may have missed including it.

(07-26-2015, 12:13 PM)Volker_Kaudah Wrote: Furtermore could you implement only diablo and nakrul to be able to drop high qlvl affixes like godly or the whale?
I've been considering letting the game increase the item affixes potentially dropped on higher difficulties, but it'd probably be a bit more work than just raising the qlvl range they can drop. Due to the way items are generated, any monster capable of dropping Godly or of the Whale could have other issues, like every piece of jewelry it ever drops having no prefix and always having the of the Zodiac suffix.

I do like your suggestion though of constraining it to bosses somehow. There is some code related to unique bosses that adjusts their monster level slightly (because they're uniques), perhaps I can modify that to adjust based on difficulty level. Combined with some new behavior that ensures they aren't prevent from dropping the normal range of usual junk so that these treasures don't become ridiculously common, I might be able to achieve unique drops where these items are possible:

Nightmare difficulty: Emerald (already possible), Holy, Ruthless, Weird, Wyrm's, Champion's, of Burning, of Carnage, of the Mammoth.

Hell difficulty: Godly, Hydra's, Merciless, Strange, of Slaughter, of Thunder, of the Whale

The rules for which items these could be generated on would of course remain unchanged (so no shields or jewelry of the Whale, for example).

For the most part, this would yield easier access to items that Wirt could already sell rarely, but there is at least one significant exception:

It would now be possible to obtain a maximum of 225 Armor Class with Godly Full Plate Mail (75 +200%), with the potential for an insane +100 Hit Points with it.

I suppose that's not too crazy to find towards the end of the game in Hell difficulty only, at least. I'll have to think about it.

Anyway, I agree it'd be nice to have easier access to these items, as it seems this was the developer's intention, but so many players have been doing just fine without them for years; I hesitate to change something that may make the game seem too easy to the badass players out there. Big Grin

(07-26-2015, 12:13 PM)Volker_Kaudah Wrote: Thanks for your hard work so far and keep it going
I will, though I've been quite busy lately. It may be many months yet until there is another update. Sometimes even 1 of these changes I've made to Hellfire took hours or days to figure out, and there's so much more I want to do. It is always difficult to stop the effort to put out an update that only achieved some of it.

(07-26-2015, 12:13 PM)Volker_Kaudah Wrote: €: Diablo clicker doesn't work for me. I do what the instructions say, but it doesn't work...
It can be really fickle. Every time you play, try the following:

a) Start Diablo/Hellfire.
b) Get into a game (SP or MP).
c) Tab out and run DiabloClicker as an admin (otherwise it may get blocked when it tries to connect with Diablo).
d) In its menu, Clicker -> Install Clicker.
e) Tab back into the game and click somewhere on screen. If it worked successfully, you should hear a little boop sound.

I recommend a repeat time of about 300 in the Setup for this program. If I remember right, its default speed is really fast. So fast you might put an item back on you were trying to take off.

Have fun!

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 07-26-2015, 05:38 PM