Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(07-23-2015, 03:28 PM)Fuzzybot Wrote: Also i wanted to know if they fixed the unique item bug that required you to loot the 2 unique full plates before being able to loot a Demon Spike coat.
You should be able to find all of the uniques normally now in single player games, without a prerequisite unique having to drop first. Marsh's mod specifically adjusted the qlvl of many unique items slightly in an effort to fix that problem.

(07-23-2015, 03:28 PM)Fuzzybot Wrote: The unique item Demon Plate should have in fact +120 AC versus demons on top of its natural 80 AC , not +40 AC vs demons.

I got a Demon plate first time i completed warrior of blood and was kinda sad it wasn't a Demon spike Coat, and on top of that the item's stats seem nerfed down compared to what they are supposed to be.
Neither the Demon Plate's stats or behavior have been changed. The information available on the Demon Plate and Bone Chain unique armors shown on that website are misleading, and appear to be copied from http://www.ladyofthecake.com/diablo/armor.htm, which contains the same error in clarity. Both pages mistakenly describe the 'total' resultant armor value as the 'extra' bonus applied.

As far as I am aware, in both official versions of Hellfire (1.00 and 1.01), the code works thusly:

Extra AC vs Undead = +20 AC
Extra AC vs Demons = +40 AC

This information is corroborated in two different places in Jarulf's Guide:

Jarulf Wrote:3.5.1 - Properties of unique items
Demon Plate Armor | full plate mail | AC 80, AC 120 vs. Demons

Jarulf Wrote:Chapter 6.2.3 - Monster versus Player
4. in Hellfire, if the player has extra AC versus Demons or Undead, subtract 40/20 if the monster is of the correct type

The only thing that has changed is the text description of the 'Extra AC vs' attribute, to expose the actual real bonus you get (before it just said Extra AC, leaving players to guess how much). The item hasn't been nerfed, since its actual effects are unchanged.

However, it is safe to say that, like many of Hellfire's uniques, the item in question simply isn't very good. Virtually any magic Full Plate will be superior, making Demon Plate Armor all but useless unless it is the first enchanted plate you happen to find.

But then, even the highest level unique armor in vanilla Diablo - the Demonspike Coat - only had a mere 100 Armor Class, which makes the Demon Plate's AC superior to practically everything in Hell that isn't a Lava Maw even at 120 AC.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 07-23-2015, 05:23 PM