Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(07-12-2015, 07:22 PM)RadTang Wrote: I can help with testing. Without anything extra my current CPU usage is about 27% !
Unless you have other programs running, it sounds like the game is still running in its normal state. i5 has 4 cores and Diablo will try to utilize 100% of one, which should keep you up at 25% CPU usage minimum so long as the game is open.

If you haven't already, in the mod file (cowqueston.dat - Marsh named it, I still haven't changed it, haha) there is an option disabled by default. Search for 'Reduced CPU usage' and erase the # symbols from in front of each of the four seperate lines that section is comprised of. Save the file, then restart the game. If you did this correctly, once you are through the menus and into the actual game where your character is standing on screen, your computer should report far less CPU usage by Diablo - but the game should run just as well as before.

(07-12-2015, 07:22 PM)RadTang Wrote: BTW. Just found Acolyte's Amulet - thx for fixing it ! Now, with +50 mana and +10% res all it's very useful for my new sorcerer.
I tried to make some previously shoddy uniques useful, but not too useful. Hope those stats seem fair. And you're welcome!

(07-12-2015, 07:22 PM)RadTang Wrote: BTW2: Before I've managed to run Diablo / Hellfire on Win 8, I was using virtual machine with W98
Windows 98? That's some dedication. Either that or you did't have access to Windows XP. I think Diablo ran about as well there.

Speaking of Linux, another forum member here was talking about offering instructions for setting up a virtual Linux system that can run Diablo perfectly smooth. I'm gonna be keeping an eye out for that. Haven't used Linux much, and practical examples are always helpful for learning.

Have fun!

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 07-12-2015, 07:50 PM