Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(06-14-2015, 07:50 PM)nightstrike Wrote: Thanks for this. I'm a big fan of your minimalist style. I play Morrowind a lot, too, and I do the same thing -- stay true to the original, but fix the annoying bugs.
Thank you, and that's awesome - same here. Morrowind is one of my favorite single player games. I spent many hundreds of hours there with various characters/classes, doing all the quests I could find. Lots of fun, good memories. Well, except for getting killed the first time I played by the first Kwama Forager you encounter coming over the hill on the road out of Seyda Neen... turned out using a weapon you only have 10 skill points in at the start of the game was a really bad idea.

(06-14-2015, 07:50 PM)nightstrike Wrote: 1) HF always crashes on exit
2) Entering the hive for the first time results in no audible dialog

Anything I can do to help fix those two issues?
The 2nd is intended. After hearing the disembodied Defiler speeches so many times, I turned it off by default. In hindsight perhaps I should leave things that aren't strictly fixes or enhancements off by default unless enabled specifically by the user. You can turn these back on by searching and erasing or commenting out "No Defiler speeches before encountering Defiler" in the dat file.

Hellfire doesn't crash for me on exit, but I've seen plenty of old games that start doing that. It might be an issue with the game trying to save user preferences on exit (volume, gamma etc.). You can try experimenting running it with admin permission or compatibility modes, but beyond that I have no idea unless the game is writing an .err file so I can try to figure out what's going on in the code being run when it crashes.

Out of curiosity, are you running Windows 7 or Windows 8 or something else?

(06-14-2015, 07:50 PM)nightstrike Wrote: Also, do you have the source to Ulmo's dll?
No, but I wish I did. It would probably make fixing Gillian's dialogue a lot easier, and then I could add more sorting options and other features.

(06-14-2015, 08:24 PM)nightstrike Wrote: Can you extend the Search spell to include all interactive objects (sans doors if possible)?
That should be possible, but whether I can figure it out or not is another thing. I haven't had much luck yet modifying any Search spell behavior related to the map. I'll add it to the list of stuff to experiment with for the next version.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 06-15-2015, 12:42 AM