Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Hi I just registered to download your patch/fix for Hellfire and say thanks to everyone involved in fixing the remaining bugs and making it payable on modern versions of windows.

Even if I did have to resort to using a Windows 8 tablet and usb hub and dvd drive to run the Hellfire installer the zipping up the install and copying it over to my main PC.

For some reason the installer for the version of Hellfire I have is a 16-bit application like the official patch even though my original Diablo CD with is even older uses a 32-bit installer :-)

I also needed the 3rd part ddraw.dll for Diablo to get anything other than a black screen out of either Diablo or Hellfire on my budget tablet but my desktop PC also running Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit with a real graphics card did not suffer from that problem.

So if anyone else is having display issues with Diablo or Hellfire under windows 7 or 8 I would recommend trying this patch http://www.strangebytes.com/index.php/pr...a-patch=60 if the reg files don't help.

It may be hard to believe Bug playing Witcher 1 enhanced edition (probably the most fun I have had playing rpg's since Diablo1 and Baldur's Gate) purchased cheaply off gog.com has got me back into enjoying RPGs and made me want to see if Diablo and Hellfire were still as much fun as I remembered.

I guess the answer to that is yes as I have just spent 12 hours playing Hellfire rather than installing and Playing Witcher 2 as I had planned today.

Now I just need to workout a way to get our old lan gaming crew together for a gaming session, but that maybe more of a mission than patching Diablo1 and hellfire now that 3 out of the 4 of use that played Diablo 1 for hole weekend are married and were are not students anymore with all the free time in the world ;-)

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Dwyloc - 05-24-2015, 10:03 PM