Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(05-17-2015, 12:35 AM)Belix Wrote: But, so many who worked at their company back then no longer work there now. Does Blizzard even have the rights to release the source? If they don't, can they even get permission from whoever does? Does the source code even exist any more, or has it been lost or destroyed?

I suspect a few of the people who worked on it would empathize with our position, but are in no place to do anything about it. I had the pleasure of interacting with Max Schaefer once during the alpha test of a game, and he was a really awesome guy; I think I can safely say if the decision were his, he'd let us have it.

But sadly, the decision appears to currently rest with a company that has money coming out of its ears. I doubt they would hear us if we shout at the top of our lungs, or care if they did. If they prove me wrong, I will be delighted, but these days I've been conditioned to expect nothing but disappointment from large companies.

IMO 99% chance of a combination of what you just wrote, or all of the above.

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Hammerskjold - 05-17-2015, 07:36 PM