Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(01-19-2015, 07:44 PM)Slyrk Wrote: I have no clue when it comes to assembly language, so I don't know how difficult some of my suggestions are to implement.
I'm still learning it myself. When I first started I never would of imagined being able to implement Diablo bow speed behavior into Hellfire, so who knows what I might be able to do later if I stick with it. Even so some things will be way too much work, given the limitations editing code this way.

Quote:In fact, the Armor of Gloom morphed into a Demon Plate already in Hellfire 1.01, without Marsh's mod.
Can you elaborate on this some more? I had read about a bug with some uniques morphing in single player some time ago, but I've never witnessed it. I might be interested in getting a copy of a character with that item equipped so I can study it and see if I can't figure out what's going on. From my understanding of how the internal item table works, though, the problem sounds like a generation issue resulting in the wrong ID, so I suspect even if that bug was fixed, items dropped before the bug fix would still morph since their ID is incorrect.

Quote:When leaving a level with stone-cursed monsters, some of them will remain stone-cursed forever.
I'm surprised the game even retains the Stone Curse state on monsters, considering how much other information it discards when you leave a floor and come back.

This is an interesting bug to explore. It could offer some insight into the issue with Gargoyles and Stalkers being active when you return to a floor. Might lead to two bug fixes!

Since the casting issue in Hell is serious, I will aim to finish and release A5 quickly, and leave some of the more time consuming work that remains unfinished for A6.

EDIT: Trimmed some unnecessarily long quotes.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 01-21-2015, 04:42 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM